OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been lurking for a while. Outstanding collection of fish, Daniel! Excited to see this reef mature over time.

Thx brother! Got the clean up crew in yesterday and between them and the powder blue and Blonde Naso they are doing a job on the algae in there! Hopefully I'll be able to add your nice pieces in soon! Thx again!

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great! I'm jealous of that PBT. I'm scared to death to try one again. Last year I put one in and it wiped out my tank in 4 days due to velvet. Still makes me sick thinking about it. Even though i qt all fish now, I still don't want to chance it.

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great! I'm jealous of that PBT. I'm scared to death to try one again. Last year I put one in and it wiped out my tank in 4 days due to velvet. Still makes me sick thinking about it. Even though i qt all fish now, I still don't want to chance it.

I saw him at the aquarium store for some time. He's a beauty and luckily him and the Naso are getting along great. I'll be adding more rock though. Make more caves and territories for them

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well guys it is with much grief and disappointment that I tell you that I've had a nearly complete wipeout of my tank. PBT barely holding on. Bunch of losses.. bunch. Never seen ich or velvet take out an aquarium so quick. Obviously should have QTd and taken my time but after so long out of the hobby the impulse got the best out of me. Goldflake, singapores, all squareback anthias, a flame, my favorite striped blenny among others gone in a day. Pretty ticked at myself as it could have been easily avoided. Still have livestock and hoping for the best for them but... un yea pretty f"d up feeling right now. Being an animal lover this really stinks.

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aww man, sorry to hear this. I know exactly how you're feeling. Wishing the best for everyone that's left.

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aww man, sorry to hear this. I know exactly how you're feeling. Wishing the best for everyone that's left.

Thx man. Sucks. Powder blue is back to eating today. There is hope although a few more passed last night

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Daniel, you should try and get all remaining fish out and into a qt tank ASAP. I know it's a daunting task but worth trying to save the ones that are left. Again, I feel your pain bro.

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Daniel, you should try and get all remaining fish out and into a qt tank ASAP. I know it's a daunting task but worth trying to save the ones that are left. Again, I feel your pain bro.

That's almost impossible. Have to remove all
The rock. I don't fit in the tank and don't really reach the rock as is. I have a grabber but some of the rock weighs too much for the grabber. Pretty f"d up situation.

Chelle's Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hahaha thats hilarious. Those anthias are going to require many feedings throughout the day. Ever consider creating an automatic feeder for frozen foods?

I just picked up a mini fridge - hopefully by the time i have it implemented i'll have worked out a better system of delivering frozen to the tank without it getting clogged in the tubes

This is a great idea :)

pdt7361

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read through all of this today...an amazing build so far. I definitely have tank envy :)

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Locito! Great site! I haven't been around here in awhile. Good looking tanks out there!

I was out of the hobby for a decade before jumping back in myself! Definitely some beauties out there

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to catch up, what a bummer with the losses. Are thing settling down, and are you medicating the stock still left.

Back