OP
OP
D

Drewe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added some random acro frags. Traded some pieces of purple stylo and 15ish heads of candy canes for them.

Water is a little cloudy from gluing frags down
IMG_3487.jpeg

Also found these growing behind a rock in the other tank...Can't remember exactly what they are. Looks like cyphastrea but one of them is sort of branching?
IMG_3491.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Drewe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my guy here is officially tall enough to stick out of the water during my normal partial water change. Seems like some sort of milestone.

Attachments

• IMG_3524.jpeg
    IMG_3524.jpeg
    213.1 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
D

Drewe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we got ourselves some naughty fish. what appears to be marine Velvet has broken out. They're all now in a 20 high hospital tank with copper while the DT is fallow!

The clown overnight looked awful, she got a freshwater dip as did the chromis. 6 weeks to go ‍

The clown is also getting treatment for a bacterial infection later today with a Methylene blue dip

IMG_3536.jpeg

OP
OP
D

Drewe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took about 3.5 weeks to get it dialed in and it appears I finally got my AFR dosage right. Ranged from an Alk of 8.9-8.7 the past 7 days, which is better than my goal of <0.5 daily swing.

Now I'm still working on tuning the refugium. I've always had trouble keeping nitrates at 10+ppm where I'd like them to be, coral looks happier and more colorful above that number in my experience. After only running the fuge light for 60 hours this past week I've managed to get them up to 8.7 via Hanna checker. I'm going to see where they're at next week, probably some more adjustments coming.

Attachments

• IMG_3555.png
    IMG_3555.png
    96.3 KB · Views: 20

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back