75 Gallon Reef Build

Small Blue and Yellow Tang in a 75g 4 foot? Maximum housing for 2 years..

  • Yes

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

    Votes: 4 57.1%

  • Total voters
    7

Mike Lemming

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 23, 2016
Messages
199
Reaction score
80
Location
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys!

Just wanted to start a new build thread! Looking for ideas and thoughts from everyone!

It is a 4 foot 75 gallon with wood stand that will be going up on Friday (07/22). Currently housing fish and coral in a smaller tank until the build is complete. Then will need help with stock list..

Equipment:
75 Gallon - 4 foot long tank
30 gallon long sump
1200 GPH Ghost overflow box
Bubble Magus Curve 5 Skimmer
BRS dual reactor
Jebao DC6000 return pump
(2) 165 watt Galaxy Hydro LED's with WIFI (Will upgrade in the future)
Apex Classic controller
(2) Jebao PP8 WaveMakers
(2) Aqueon Heaters
60 LB's of Fiji Pink Sand
65 LB's of Dry Rock
Creating RO/DI with 100gpd 6 Stage Ebay RO/DI Unit

How does my equipment list sound so far?

Live Stock:
The only fish that I currently have that will be going in the new tank will be a Yellow Watchman Goby and a Blue Chromis as well as a small clean up crew (will be adding additional cuc soon) and a clean shrimp.
Also, have softies, lps and a couple sps to add as well.

I was wondering what fish you think that I should get as well as what your thoughts were of getting a small Blue Tang and a smaller Yellow tang with the thought of upgrading to a bigger 6 foot tank within 2 years.

Thanks for the help everyone!!

-Mike
 
Thanks Mardoon. I can't have either even if I will only house them in the 74 for a couple of years before upgrading? Thanks in advance!
 
Fairy Wrasses-Cirrhilabrus Jordani or Flames are very nice, Leopards-Macropharyngodon, Tamarin Wrasses-Anampses, Some Flasher Wrasses-Paracheilinus, can you tell I love wrasses?, they will give you allot of color and activity in your tank. Having 2 tangs in a tank that size may be an issue.
 
Fairy Wrasses-Cirrhilabrus Jordani or Flames are very nice, Leopards-Macropharyngodon, Tamarin Wrasses-Anampses, Some Flasher Wrasses-Paracheilinus, can you tell I love wrasses?, they will give you allot of color and activity in your tank. Having 2 tangs in a tank that size may be an issue.
Thanks man! I want to get a tang or two but, It doesn't seem to be the best decision.. Maybe next time!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 25.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new