75 gallon reef tank. And tangs

mandi29221

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm under the impression NO tangs can live happily in a 75 gallon. I want a yellow tang and a hippo blue tang. All that's in my tank is 1 snowflake eel, 2 clowns, 2 brackish puffers. Many years ago I had a yellow tang and hippo tang in a 55g. They lived happily. I have 2 1250gph circulation pumps, a 2116gph return pump. So I have alot of flow. I don't want a fully stocked tank I want color. Soon I will be adding corals. In your opinion tell me the truth yes or no to the tang

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm under the impression NO tangs can live happily in a 75 gallon. I want a yellow tang and a hippo blue tang. All that's in my tank is 1 snowflake eel, 2 clowns, 2 brackish puffers. Many years ago I had a yellow tang and hippo tang in a 55g. They lived happily. I have 2 1250gph circulation pumps, a 2116gph return pump. So I have alot of flow. I don't want a fully stocked tank I want color. Soon I will be adding corals. In your opinion tell me the truth yes or no to the tang
The only tangs that I would recommend for a 75 would be the Yellow Eye Kole, or the Tomini Tang. However i'd be weary adding them to a tank with an eel and two puffers. How do your clowns do in the tank?

OP
OP
mandi29221

mandi29221

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns are great. I had one mishap. The lfs where I bought the clowns and eel from told me he just ate and he will be fine for 2 days. I woke the next morning to 1 clown. I bought another. But my eel has been eating 2x a day on frozon clams.

OP
OP
mandi29221

mandi29221

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only tangs that I would recommend for a 75 would be the Yellow Eye Kole, or the Tomini Tang. However i'd be weary adding them to a tank with an eel and two puffers. How do your clowns do in the tank?
Btw the puffers are brackish. I fully acclimated them to full salt. They do not even bother fish. Only ate live guppies.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know a lot of people are going to talk but you can do it buy them small and plan an upgrade in a few years if you plan on keeping them.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 28.5%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 38 21.2%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 21 11.7%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 62 34.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back