75 Gallon Tank DIY Sump Thread.

Ubans13

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 19, 2016
Messages
421
Reaction score
270
Location
Philadelphia, Pa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been my first real dive into the fish keeping hobby. Love salt water fish and figured I would take the plunge. As I researched saltwater aquarium I found out about Reef keeping! And then the addiction just took off. I started with a 75 gallon DT and a 20gallon sump. Added my own baffles to the sump and got the system running.

22913449f982daaa902b55164a8e8ac1.jpg


Then I got the bright idea to upgrade my sump. Decided to go with a 55 gallon I had. Added the new baffles and put the system in. Little did I know I would crash the tank and lose all but 3 fish and 1 coral. Due to the calk not being fully cured. So then the reboot! Drained it all and started over.

Had the system fully stocked with some more fish and coral and then I ended up with velvet! So 76 days of QT and running system fallow. Since then system has been up and running slow and steady for just over a year. I love this hobby and this forum for all the help! I am waiting till the day my basement is completed to start a 300+ build. So now I will just post up some current pics and thank you for checking out my build.

79f1f934d9a32811a492c9f921e86bdf.jpg


Now
571133931050c8226e784eae34aa757c.png


83bd40a1f913d2d92b1fd29dde17cb8a.jpg
6f047283e5203d43754c246d7e36ebe8.jpg
cfc123828b6560c5ef8fa9ab24b5ad2f.png
a25c6d6df6cb72dd2d90942a83817fa5.jpg
8d444194f33c5cbf233d5c383e66a522.jpg
 
Love it! Beautiful! What's that fish in the last pic?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new