750g Reef Culture SPS Display circa 2013

RockBox13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Culture was a store that I helped build from the ground up. The majority of SPS were my own frags of Vivid, Garrett’s Acropolis & WWC pieces, some like the hyacinthus & lokani were maricultured. I already had a few years managing a different LFS. It was also the first LFS to be lit entirely by LED. This reef display, Elos display systems and the coral systems were my responsibility. Having my own frags for sale and helping customers with any issues is how I built a good relationship with a lot of excellent Reefers and suppliers. This is also where it became painfully obvious that my way of keeping reef aquarium systems didn’t suffer the dinoflagellates, brown jelly, red band and red skeleton disease that was rampant in another system that was 5 ft away and had all the same resources but maintained by a different person. It wasn’t by design or intention, it was by observation and water testing of over 100 new systems of all kinds of sizes and filtration.

OP
OP
RockBox13

RockBox13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Culture was a store that I helped build from the ground up. The majority of SPS were my own frags of Vivid, Garrett’s Acropolis & WWC pieces, some like the hyacinthus & lokani were maricultured. I already had a few years managing a different LFS. It was also the first LFS to be lit entirely by LED. This reef display, Elos display systems and the coral systems were my responsibility. Having my own frags for sale and helping customers with any issues is how I built a good relationship with a lot of excellent Reefers and suppliers. This is also where it became painfully obvious that my way of keeping reef aquarium systems didn’t suffer the dinoflagellates, brown jelly, red band and red skeleton disease that was rampant in another system that was 5 ft away and had all the same resources but maintained by a different person. It wasn’t by design or intention, it was by observation and water testing of over 100 new systems of all kinds of sizes and filtration.

Gorgeous tank!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back