75G Canister Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here's the tank I'm selling to make room for Jennifier's tank. For anyone else it's $400, for friends I'm asking $325. It's an eheim filtered tank though--no sump. I've had 2 inquiries off CL(well, 3, but one wanted to send me a money order. I think it's your buddy, Kevan! He's a very busy person you know, and his assistant contacted me first! LOL)
Saltwater Setup $400

Cambis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As i stated in Jennifer's post I am new into the salt water community and I am looking to start a reef aquarium. Would i be able to do that with what you have or would i need to buy additional lighting or different filter?

OP
OP
TinaFoster

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some do just fine with a canister in a reef. The lighting is inefficient for a reef, but I do have a fixture that takes 2 t5's. It would get you started. You'll still want more lighting than this. I'd happily give the light to the buyer as well as a starter skimmer, but you will want to run a skimmer with corals for sure and there are better hang on the back skimmers than the one I have. AquaC Remora skimmer would probably work just fine for this size tank. You can find those used pretty frequently. I have one but I'm using it. It really is a decent skimmer as long as the tank isn't huge and you're not stuffed with corals.

OP
OP
TinaFoster

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Friends are anyone here. Non friends are anyone on CraigsList but not here :)

OP
OP
TinaFoster

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we all offer best price to fellow reefers vs someone who's gonna try to resell it.

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As i stated in Jennifer's post I am new into the salt water community and I am looking to start a reef aquarium. Would i be able to do that with what you have or would i need to buy additional lighting or different filter?

look more smyrna /Lavergne ppl lol were taking over .. Cambis welcome to R2R if your new to saltwater you should do some research and asking question on the forums it will save you money :) theres many ways to filter and run a reef tank best thing is to ask and research and choose an option that best suits your needs and buget.

Cambis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been doing a lot of research the past week or so. I think want to go with a pre drilled tank about 75g to 125g with a sump/refugium. I honestly have not even started to look at lighting, I figured I would have a week or so to do that while the tank starts to cycle.

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been doing a lot of research the past week or so. I think want to go with a pre drilled tank about 75g to 125g with a sump/refugium. I honestly have not even started to look at lighting, I figured I would have a week or so to do that while the tank starts to cycle.

U really don't want to throw corals in a new tank unless you know what ur doin. Best thing for new person to make sure your tank is stable and you can keep fish alive for few months while all the bacterias form and such

OP
OP
TinaFoster

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock is sold, pending. Tank, stand, canopy, glass tops, and eheim 2217 now $225.

angrycubano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That's exactly what I wished I would've done the first time. Althought I really enjoy my tank I would've gone with a RR 125g with a sump big enough to have anything I want.

You're starting off on the right foot. Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back