75g stand oversize

geko522

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2024
Messages
139
Reaction score
49
Location
Boynton Beach
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to build a large length aquarium stand for my 75g aquarium. The aquarium is 48" L and I want to make the stand 60" long. Question is, can I do this without a center support? I'm going to copy the stand that The king of DIY makes.

I want the stand to be 60"L x 22"W x 32"H

2x4s or 2x6s ?

The reason I'm asking is because the aquarium isn't sitting on the support legs so I wasn't sure if that is a issue. I will be wrapping it and putting plywood on as a topper. Wrap with 3/4" plywood and top.
 
It was to drop the plumbing behind the tank. In my build, I had two pieces of wood that filled the gap between the tank and the wall. They were just Velcroed to the back of the tank. They were tall enough to tuck inside the hood as well so it was a very clean look.

I would ensure the tank sat on the boards. This ensures the load goes right into the floor. In mine, the top did extend all the way back with a slot running most of the tank. The rim of the tank was placed flush with the slot so it remained fully supported.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new