75g stand

alann

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a 75g setup, no stand. I do not want to build my own stand, even though I understand that it's fairly simple. I'd rather use my time elsewhere and buy a stand. I'm thinking about buying this husky workbench, able to withstand 1000 pounds. The tank is a standard 75g, and I have a ruby 36 sump that I would like to fit underneath. I found a 75g stand on facebook marketplace, but it is the aqueon pine one that has a center brace in the middle. I would like for the stand to not have the center brace, so it's easier to do maintenance and whatever else I'd want to do. To fit the sump, I would probably have to fit it vertically through the middle brace at the top. I'd estimate that the tank would probably weigh around 700-800 pounds, so for peace of mind I'm considering purchasing and reinforcing the husky workbench somehow, but I'm not very knowledgeable in that kind of thing. Any ideas on how I would reinforce it? Also considering this aluminum stand, all it needs is some assembling. Any thoughts or help greatly appreciated.

1675138257590.png

The aqueon 75g stand

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the aluminum stand if you are ok with making doors for it, they are excellent for the long term. A lot of cheaper wooden stands are made of inferior wood products or just look terrible

OP
OP
A

alann

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The aluminum stand is over double the cost of the husky workbench, so I'd prefer not to. Anyone know what I can do to reinforce the workbench for a stand? I can also get the 6-foot one but not sure if that's better, rated for 3000 pounds but the weight wouldn't be evenly distributed among the stand.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 35 60.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back