75g vs 29g for multicolored angelfish

Cheems

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I recently went to my LFS for a neon goby for a cleanup crew (they couldnt catch it, inexperienced worker, whatever) and one of my dream fish I have been planning on getting for a long time was there, a multicolored angelfish. I have been looking for one, this one is absolutely tiny, maybe an 1 1/4 inch or so

I am planning on putting this fish in my 75 gallon tank long term. I have been setting up and it has been cycling for a little while now, I have been cycling it on tap water until my new RO/DI unit gets in that will be able to fill the 75 gallon in a reasonable amount of time, the tank has algae growing and im going to test the water

now I have a bit of a issue, I dont have any fish in the 75 gallon right now, it is finishing its cycle. And its on tap water (well water that is high quality, with prime), do I add this fish to the 75 gallon or my already established 29 gallon with 2 clownfish, 2 mollys

the issue is the 29 gallon was exposed around 3 weeks ago to brooklynella, I treated the tank since then and none of my fish are exhibiting symptoms (bit of a longer story, fish died, but it would be too long to explain)

sorry for such a long post, but should I either put it in the 29 gallon where it has a small chance of being exposed to brooklynella, or put it in a 75 gallon that is not stocked and only just finishing its cycle, and its tap water

OP
OP
C

Cheems

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so after testing the water, it all looks perfect and I have decided I’m going to add it to the 75, I just don’t want to risk anything and my tap water is pretty safe, I am on a well and I have treated the water, if anyone has any major objections better speak up before it’s too late, could always move the fish if it gets stressed

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back