75g water level

Trenton0115

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2023
Messages
59
Reaction score
7
Location
MO
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a complete noob with this tank. It’s a 75g AIO and runs to a 10g manifold with reactors. I’m having trouble figuring out what a good water level is for my back chamber. Do I want the water level just under the baffles so the pump pulls water over them better? It’s currently about an inch or more above the baffles and looks like water sits pretty stagnant. I just feel like I have it too full.

IMG_6013.jpeg IMG_6014.jpeg
 
higher, your back chamber are basically mini tanks, you should treat the water levels in them like how you would treat your dt's water level
imo
 
In my AIO's I have the water cascading from section to section in the back. This helps with gas exchange, and prevent any film from forming on the water in the back section.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new