76 gal Oceanic half circle

WMattK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 76 gallon half circle Oceanic aquarium, I picked it up for $200, just the tank. I’m building a stand for it, and then a canopy, with LED’s, I’m putting a 20 H sump underneath. It’s gonna be for Discus, and some sm tank mates. BUT, I NEED A GLASS TOP. Aqueon makes a glass top for a 46 gallon half circle, that is around 35” across, by 15” front to back. Can I make this fit, or can someone lead me down the correct path to find one. Thanks everybody, in advance.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 76 gallon half circle Oceanic aquarium, I picked it up for $200, just the tank. I’m building a stand for it, and then a canopy, with LED’s, I’m putting a 20 H sump underneath. It’s gonna be for Discus, and some sm tank mates. BUT, I NEED A GLASS TOP. Aqueon makes a glass top for a 46 gallon half circle, that is around 35” across, by 15” front to back. Can I make this fit, or can someone lead me down the correct path to find one. Thanks everybody, in advance.
I would approach a local fish shop, they can make pretty much any shape for you; most likely at a decent price! Glass is not expensive! :)

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been through this myself. Go online; buy the Hinge, Back strip and Handle. Try to get Aqueon Parts. Take the Aquarium, Hinge, Back strip and optionally the Handle to a Locally owned Glass Shop, and let them work out the fit. My old Oceanic 29 has a glass top that fits perfectly.

OP
OP
W

WMattK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t live anywheres near a glass shop. I think that Lakeland, FL would be my nearest area, and that’s 60 miles away, that’s why I’m wondering if anyone has tried the Aqueon curved glass top. I hate to waste the money, if it doesn’t fit, but it may be less costly for me to buy the Aqueon top, and if I need to take glass off of the ends, I can do that. Still looking for ideas, and thanks for the info

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back