8’ tank lighting

hondacbr600rr

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2025
Messages
130
Reaction score
45
Location
East Coast
What state or country do you live in
Delaware
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m upgrading to an 8’x 30” deep x24” tall tank, and looking to determine my light upgrades.

I currently have 3- Gen 5 XR30 pros on my 150 gallon. Would 1 more XR 30 be enough for total of 4? Will be a mixed reef with majority LPS & SPS.
 
I had the same size tank and was running 5 noopsyche k7s

Worked good for anemones and LPs.

Planned on adding 2 more to go sps
 
Depends on rock and coral placement. 4 xr30s arent going to put a ton of light on a tank that size. Some led bars supplementation would probably be the least expensive route
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new