8’ tank lighting

hondacbr600rr

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2025
Messages
136
Reaction score
46
Location
East Coast
What state or country do you live in
Delaware
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m upgrading to an 8’x 30” deep x24” tall tank, and looking to determine my light upgrades.

I currently have 3- Gen 5 XR30 pros on my 150 gallon. Would 1 more XR 30 be enough for total of 4? Will be a mixed reef with majority LPS & SPS.
 
I had the same size tank and was running 5 noopsyche k7s

Worked good for anemones and LPs.

Planned on adding 2 more to go sps
 
Depends on rock and coral placement. 4 xr30s arent going to put a ton of light on a tank that size. Some led bars supplementation would probably be the least expensive route
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new