8.5 PH anything to worry about?

Floyd-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved to a new house and had to downsize the tank from 150g display to a 25g AIO. On the large tank even with Kalk I could never break 8.0 PH. This new little tank with no additives im getting up to 8.5 daily. Should I worry or just let it ride because of using no additives. At the moment its still cycling without fish or corals.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved to a new house and had to downsize the tank from 150g display to a 25g AIO. On the large tank even with Kalk I could never break 8.0 PH. This new little tank with no additives im getting up to 8.5 daily. Should I worry or just let it ride because of using no additives. At the moment its still cycling without fish or corals.

pH 8.5 at the daytime high is fine. My tank ran up to pH 8.55 regularly and I was not concerned about it.

OP
OP
Floyd-

Floyd-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps. I have two SPS frags and about 12lbs of live rock that came with clams and other bits on them.
Nice. You got a pic? When you say it’s still cycling, do you mean you’ve had a little die off when transferring the rock?

OP
OP
Floyd-

Floyd-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. You got a pic? When you say it’s still cycling, do you mean you’ve had a little die off when transferring the rock?
No picture to upload yet. cycle as in waiting to make sure I can add fish. ive heard that you can just add live rock and you dont have to cycle but im unsure so im playing it safe.

Back