Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yoo @ReefQueen go to HD or Lowes and find a nice hanging light pendent
3802579lg.jpg

Order a NR 12 from Orphek.

Put it all together and start a Sexy Shrimp softie garden.

How do those do for growth??? The
Yoo @ReefQueen go to HD or Lowes and find a nice hanging light pendent
3802579lg.jpg

Order a NR 12 from Orphek.

Put it all together and start a Sexy Shrimp softie garden.
dc88cdd5d59a92396224e6527704d1a3.jpg

Everybody will love your tank ;)

Ohhhh I'm starting a small 20 and those shrimp would be perfect! And those lights looks really cool too.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may have just sold me on a sexy shrimp tank lol

You will love it.
I have a 60G cube in the frag room with a pair of Gold Nuggets clowns, they jump around from one inferno to the other.
Also have lots of rare softie and a few LPS in there?
Since a week I have 8 of these dancing wiggling sexy shrimp in there.
Pretty much now that they come out from the rocks they complete the tank.
Will upload some pics over the weekend.

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cycle is over and we are ready for sexy shrimp:) it will actually still be a while because I will order them from work. I decided for now to stick with the stock lighting, so I replaced the bulbs. I am going to play a game and see how little I can actually spend and still have a nice tank. So far $16 for the bulbs. Buuuut the moons both died and the fan is sounded like it needs replacing as well. I also dislike my "powerhead" but even my smallest wavemaker (256 gph) was way too much. But I had it laying around so it works for now. I also think I will replace the pump so I can do away with the powerhead at some point. Next on my to do list is build a stand that also will second as an end table so I can get it off my kitchen counter lol. I did find the perfect end table on Craigslist, but the jerk won't respond to my emails lol. So for now, here's a pic of my empty tank. Don't make fun of my temporary rock lol.
20160229_203552.jpg

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the overuse of lols there at the end. Idk what came over me LOL:)

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Must be the S.E.X.Y shrimp :rolleyes:
I have a bunch in a 60G cube and never saw them again till a week or so I saw one........ then two....... and three, but today they were all hanging together, looked to me like a shrimp O.... :eek:
You will get there, take your time and cycle for awhile these sexy shrimpies are sensitive :D

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Must be the S.E.X.Y shrimp :rolleyes:
I have a bunch in a 60G cube and never saw them again till a week or so I saw one........ then two....... and three, but today they were all hanging together, looked to me like a shrimp O.... :eek:
You will get there, take your time and cycle for awhile these sexy shrimpies are sensitive :D

Oh my:eek:. Maybe it was just a friendly, innocent gathering haha. It will probably be at least another month before we do another fish order, probably 2 actually. We don't sell many fish at my store obviously haha. Probably because we tell everyone no because they have no idea what a cycle even is lol. Our location doesn't even have saltwater anymore because it was only me and one other girl buying anything:( anyway the point is I'll be waiting awhile yet for my shrimpies:) my hubby actually complemented my rocks tonight which is a big deal because that means he looked at the tank haha. He seemed disappointed because I told him they weren't staying there. He said he prefers the white look and doesn't like that the rocks in my cube are purple hahaha. He also complemented me by saying "I make rocks look good", I think he likes my 'scapes ;) lol

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually found them I think. The blue one is a type of anemone shrimp, a Venus I believe, and the other is a yellow line shrimp. They are so tiny, no wonder I've never seen them before lol. Thanks for the offer:) I would have forgotten tomorrow anyway. I work in the morning and will be going to see Coheed right after. I doubt I will be home by 1 am lol.

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The crab looks pretty amazing too. They where all in the tank together
Yeah they are definitely cool. But with the stock lighting I couldn't have nems, and they would be much happier if one was around:) I am thinking of doing some rock nems though. But I am not sure if the crabs and shrimp would host a rock nem.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back