8+ year old six line wrasse dying.

Danjoethepirate

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2020
Messages
333
Reaction score
521
Location
Jacksonville
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Not the happiest thing to post but my six line wrasse, that is older than my 8 year old daughter is in the process of dying. I feel bad for her, but I have resolved to not intervene. I don't think there is much I could do anyways. As I don't have any hermits to harass her I'm hoping it's peaceful.
65b74b65-a85d-4726-874d-a6034df9f167.jpg

I've had her since before my daughter was born and she is now sitting in the corner of the tank slowly breathing and not doing much else. I can literally touch her.

Sad but I feel she's had a good run. Just felt like sharing I guess as I feel 8 years after getting her at 1.5 inches already, is pretty impressive. Shes about 3.5 inches now.

I guess now I can add Fairy wrasses though so silver linings
 
Life lesson for your daughter. These things are always disappointing when they come around to happening.

The best outlook seems to be thankful for the 8+ good years you all shared. Make a point to say thank you to the fish for being a part of the reef community.
Blue Sky Water GIF by University of Florida
 
So sorry but considering their life span in captivity of 4-7 years you took very good care of yours. My longest one made it just over 4 years but I had no clue how old it was when I got it. I hope my new one does as well as yours.
 
So sorry but considering their life span in captivity of 4-7 years you took very good care of yours. My longest one made it just over 4 years but I had no clue how old it was when I got it. I hope my new one does as well as yours.
I dont know how old she was either, but I guess a year, or maybe even two at 1.5 inches.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new