Will a Six Line Wrasse kill a China Wrasse?

PufferfishPurveyor

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2025
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
88005
What state or country do you live in
New Mexico
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Six Line Wrasse that has proven itself quite evil. It has thus far killed two Royal Gramma Basslets and two Cleaner Wrasse. Its first kill was a Royal Gramma that had already been in the tank for around month when I added the Six Line. I never saw any fighting but the next morning the whole yellow part of the Royal Gramma had been shredded down to the meat. Its next victim was my cleaner wrasse that had been in the tank well before it, which was subsequently shredded like the Royal Gramma. I ended up getting a yellow clown goby a while later as a tester fish and the six line never touched it, so I decided to get another cleaner wrasse and royal gramma. The second time around it was very clear that the six line was the antagonizer and he shredded the two new fish the same as the first batch.
I now have a china wrasse (about 1.5-2x the size of my six line) waiting for me at my lfs, but I’m having abysmal luck catching the six line. It’s in a 125 with intricate rock work and it won’t go near the fish trap. I do have a Melanurus with the six line that has never been touched but it’s easily 4x the size of my six line. I’m wondering if the six line would go after the china wrasse if I brought it home, but I don’t want to chance its wellbeing.
 
Personally I would never keep another six line unless it was for my frag system, but I use Pinkies now because they do well in groups and are peaceful. If you do want to take a chance use an acclimation box. In my experience Tamrins, like the China, are poor shippers and stress out easily when first introduced… for them in my box I use a layer of sand, rubble and PVC…
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new