80 gallon deep blue reef ready build!

They are doing some work already! This is rock in the first picture, they’ve cleared two spots off of it! I tested nitrates at 25ppm via salifert and phosphate at 0.20ppm via Hannah. I started dosing vodka to start lowering them. With the clean up crew releasing organics I’m hoping to remove them as well! Started with 0.3ml dose per the dosing instructions I found online. Will see how it goes.
2720952C-CFBA-4CA1-8E7A-7023F957EAC0.jpeg
 
I split a clean up crew order from addictive reefkeeping with a friend. Needed some hermits so I ordered from Reeftopia as well. Would recommend both places for clean up crews! In my Reeftopia order quarantine I noticed a ton of amphipods! How cool
F54E1A26-A89C-4D62-8FEA-CB0314115774.jpeg

The hermits continue to destroy algae in my new set up!
FD197DB7-F7EF-4D8D-BB83-B23D1D29A9E5.jpeg

81EFC79E-FBB4-48E6-A4E8-460F0EE5F8BF.jpeg
 
Dropping back to 600ml/day of kalk. Alk has been creeping up slowly, up to 9.5. It’s slowly been rising since I started dosing vodka and the clean up crew has been working.
 
Just received in a pintail fairy wrasse and an exquisite fairy wrasse from NYaquatics. Lights off so I didn't get pictures after acclimating. Hoping to add some pictures tomorrow. They looked great so I'm very excited!

In other news, dosing pump is off because alk was up above 14. I did also catch my rock nems in a spawning event last night. Super exciting! I'll try to post some pictures of it here in a minute.
IMG_6049.jpeg
IMG_6050.jpeg
 
Tank is in rough shape but I’ve started to rehab. Found some baby rock nems when cleaning ! Lol
IMG_9848.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9845.jpeg
    IMG_9845.jpeg
    240 KB · Views: 43

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new