800 gallon build

Jaychevy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so my boss is doing a in wall 800 gallon build in the office. He got the tank from a auction awhile ago. We are re sealing the tank. Question the previous owner drilled 4 2 inch bulk heads in one side of the tank. Kinda towards each corner were stumped with how to do the plumbing and over flows. I attached the pic you can see what I mean. Idk why anyone would put holes on the bottom but they did. Any info would help thanks.

20221025_094636.jpg

OP
OP
J

Jaychevy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which I was thinking but will the tabk get good circulation with 2 stand pipes on one end of the tank only. ?

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With 4 return. 2 split and WaveMakers flow pumps. Wave boxes. Ect. Yes
You'll want large pumps. Lol.
The 2" pipe or whatever fits in the 2" bulkheads will take the water you push in it np.
D

OP
OP
J

Jaychevy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so again I know enough to get by so the bottom 2 holes in the tank. I was going to do 2, 2 inch bulk heads. That's the size of the holes that were cut. I was going to run them straight up to the water surface. I was going to add a sheet of acrylic with grates in front of them to hide the pipes. I was going to then plump across the top of the tank back side 4 return nozzles. The pump we are looking at is a 8500 gph tiger pump off BRS. I know it should he close to 8 tines per hour return rate.

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the tank sitting upside down in the photo? If it's right side up then those openings in the top are really small and working on that tank is going to be a real challenge.

Depending on what you imagine the final tank is going to be you could use the existing holes at the end of the tank for water in/out and use one big pump on the same end of the tank - Like a Hydrowizard or Abyzz Flow Canon - Which would circulate all the water in the tank. That would save you of having pipes all across the back ground of the tank.

Dave B

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 23 60.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 5.3%
Back