84x36x25 - Synergy overflow? Return suggestions.

Spbk84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I was going to have the Tank built by AGE but as of yesterday the quote they originally gave me just went up $3200 making them more expensive than Reef Savvy and Coast to Coast
eek2.gif
They advised the price of Starfire has gone up so I am back to the drawing board as far as a builder is concerned. I am now considering Tankmeusa or Miracles.

Return
My original plan was to go with 2 1.5” returns and then eventually 3 sea swirls(left, mid, right). I have been trying trying to figure out the plumbing and not sure if it would make sense to even deal with the 2 additional return lines if I am going with sea swirls.. Has anyone dealt with this configuration?

Overflow
My goal is to make this tank as quiet as possible. My last tank was a 92 gallon and the overflow was obnoxiously loud and it drove me nuts.

I contacted the builder and told them I wanted a glass external overflow drilled to plumb Bean animal but the builder advised against it stating they are heavy and prone to leaks. Instead, they suggested dual Synergy overflows which seems really nice but I am reading that people are having trouble with noise and dialing them in.

Has anyone had problems dealing with glass external overflows? How about using multiple overflows?

Any opinions would be suggested.
ade4a8deb1c4530a3ddf32ff680c0a36.jpg

Last edited:

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just upgraded to a 96x36x30. I don't personally like multiple returns, I just went with a single 1 1/2" with vortechs as primary circulation. I would strongly recommend going with just a single overflow; makes everything easier. I went with the 36" modular marine version.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is acrylic, built by fishtanksdirect

lazidog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AGE 305 Aquarium with dead quiet Synergy overflow. Did take a couple of weeks to tune the overflow into a dead quiet. Ran my air hose through the synergy cover. Love the AGE, with 3 sided starfire, painted stainless trim, 2 cross supports are only about an inch. Love the 1in PVC bottom

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%

Back