88 Gal First Time Saltwater

Whirrun Ren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first saltwater tank. I've had several larger freshwater tanks years ago, keeping mostly African cichlids and and Oscars (not in the same tank lol). Since then I've been remarried and my wife wanted to get into the hobby, but we decided to go with saltwater this time.

We started this aquarium at the first of the year, so at the time of this thread creation, we've been at if for right at 5 months. In that time we lost 1 Lemon Peel Angel (got sick) and 1 goby (we failed to understand how to feed him properly). Since then, everything's been doing great, and we've had some great advice from the staff at our local store.

Current Fish:
Snowflake Clowns (2)
Valentini Puffer
Leopard Wrasse
Tomini Tang
Coral Beauty Dwarf Angel
Flame Hawk
Diamond Watchman Goby
Banggai Cardinal
A couple of snails
A handful of hermit crabs (those that survived the puffer lol)

We recently started introducing a few corals to the tank under the watchful advice of our local shop. This is something that the wife is really excited about. Since this is her first ever aquarium and I'm more interested in the fish anyways, I let her be the coral "expert" in the family. Therefore, I can't remember the names of the corals she's introduced. I just know we collaborate and talk with our local shop before something is added.

Here is our setup:
88 gal tank
Fluval FX4 Canister
AquaMaxx HOB 1.5 Protein Skimmer (wanted a little more help for the canister)
Fluval CP4 Circ. Pump
Heater
Fluval Marine 3.0 LED Lights (2)

20230425_205024.jpg
20230425_204947.jpg

I'll update this post as we grow.

Last edited:

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 120 58.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 30.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 74 36.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 16.6%
  • Other

Votes: 61 29.8%
Back