8ft and 310 gallons of Fun!!!

metzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How thick is the glass on the 310? 5/8" or 3/4"?

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The skimmer is the double cone 250. It is a beast and I believe will be more than enough skimmer. It is absolutely silent.
The rock is from KP Aquatics. I loved the rock it is super easy to work with. I have used it in past tanks with great results. Do you have a build thread would love to see what you got going on.
I’m a couple weeks away from starting by build thread. Was waiting until i had my tank officially on order.

Jrod381

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice brother enjoy I have the same tank. mine has been running for 6 months now

76CAFB88-E90B-40D4-9062-76AF319390D1.jpeg

OP
OP
txreefer

txreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates? Also, how do you like the custom sump? I am ordering a peninsula style PA 310 and trying to figure out my sump selection.
"Updates" well tank is stalled in the cycle. im playing the bacteria game. I have been keeping reefs since the late 90's. I miss live rock very much. LOL....
I like the custom sump, I've actually ordered a roller mat so will be cutting out some of the baffles. I knew this was a possibility that's why I wanted a glass sump. easy to cut some silicone and remove a baffle if needed.
I have added a apex and 4 WAV pumps. the rocks have also have been stacked for a open scape.

BJEDVM13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Updates" well tank is stalled in the cycle. im playing the bacteria game. I have been keeping reefs since the late 90's. I miss live rock very much. LOL....
I like the custom sump, I've actually ordered a roller mat so will be cutting out some of the baffles. I knew this was a possibility that's why I wanted a glass sump. easy to cut some silicone and remove a baffle if needed.
I have added a apex and 4 WAV pumps. the rocks have also have been stacked for a open scape.

Haha! I know! I really miss real live rock as well. I was going to look into a custom sump where I could have two Clariseas. Can't wait to see more pics!

OP
OP
txreefer

txreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I believe I figured out my ammonia issue. my mixing tanks are causing it. didn't know that plastic tanks could leach ammonia. but I've tested water straight from the ro/di and no ammonia. but water from either mixing tank contains 0.75ppm of ammonia. I will be starting over on the mixing station. I just got to figure out what to do with the two containers.

OP
OP
txreefer

txreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my roller mat installed this weekend. It’s a cool piece of equipment but, I think it will be more of a pain than the filter pad I was using. It may end up in the for sale forum. Lol.
I have my ammonia problem fixed and did a 100 gallon water change this weekend. No other updates at the moment. Hopefully this thread will get more exciting soon.

22854948-2012-4559-AB22-1740C2EB5B34.jpeg

OP
OP
txreefer

txreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the tank is being drained! Got a seam that looks to be letting go. Planet aquariums has been notified and I am local to them. To be honest the customer service has been anything but a great experience. I won't go in to detail yet as I am hoping that they still come through.
tempImageWotqUf.jpg

thefort15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my roller mat installed this weekend. It’s a cool piece of equipment but, I think it will be more of a pain than the filter pad I was using. It may end up in the for sale forum. Lol.
I have my ammonia problem fixed and did a 100 gallon water change this weekend. No other updates at the moment. Hopefully this thread will get more exciting soon.

22854948-2012-4559-AB22-1740C2EB5B34.jpeg
I am curious to see how you like the roller filter on this size of a tank. I am contemplating a roller filter, but have been given advice that they are not as efficient on larger tanks. I guess having to replace the rolls to often. What has your experience been so far?

OP
OP
txreefer

txreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious to see how you like the roller filter on this size of a tank. I am contemplating a roller filter, but have been given advice that they are not as efficient on larger tanks. I guess having to replace the rolls to often. What has your experience been so far?
I have installed with a pump so more of a water polisher. I did notice water clarity to be a little better. But I don’t believe on this size tank it is worth the investment. I actually have a new sump being built and I will not be including a roller in the design.

BJEDVM13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the tank is being drained! Got a seam that looks to be letting go. Planet aquariums has been notified and I am local to them. To be honest the customer service has been anything but a great experience. I won't go in to detail yet as I am hoping that they still come through.
tempImageWotqUf.jpg

Ugh, that sucks! Makes me nervous bc my 310 just got here and I went with a custom stand, so the warranty period Is very short.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back