8pixel's 39G Rimless

8pixel

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 16, 2013
Messages
56
Reaction score
133
Location
NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank was started a little over a year ago. I'm keeping the details brief but if you have any questions about anything, just ask. It is a 39G rimless from CADLights with a small in-cabinet sump and tiny refugium. For those of you who don't know the story about my Cadlights nightmare, I will be posting full details as it will forever be a thorn in my side. The lights are the Ecoxotic Panorama fixture with additional 453 blue and blue/magenta Stunner strips and an EcoPico LED strip for moonlighting. There is a cover on the tank that I made with 1/4" acrylic and black mesh screen. Everything is controlled with an APEX Jr including auto top off float switches and a water sensor under the tank. The electronics, supplies and water reservoir are housed in a cabinet that I made.

May 2012
Cabinets.jpg


Cabinet.jpg


Controls.jpg


Cover.jpg


Full-Tank.jpg
 
Cool tank and equipment stand! Well done!
 
Beautiful!! Great setup! Nice and clean!


Chasing the Dream Giver, not the dream! Tonya
 
Thanks for the kind words everyone! Here's a more recent shot of my zoa garden:

Coral1.jpg
 
Here's a link to a video I submitted for a contest (which I lost).
[video=vimeo;58601246]https://vimeo.com/58601246[/video]
 
Great video!! Love the tank, especially the zoa garden.
 
Awesome video!

I see you use a BRS 1.1 mL doser. How often do you dose? I can't decide between getting two BRS's or a Bubble Magus 3-way.

Thank you! I chose the two BRS dosers mainly because it was less expensive and I didn't need the third. I slowly dose ALK and CA daily for around a minute each hour.....18 hrs for ALK, 22 hrs for CA.
 
Cool video and awesome zoa garden!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new