8x2x2 acrylic build

Aussiereef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 29, 2022
Messages
10
Reaction score
39
Location
Canberra
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone it's time to start my new project a acrylic tank and stand build as the title sujests it will be a 8x2x2 tank. I'm heading off to the hardware store after this post to pick up some timber to start the stand. I hope some of u follow along and can give me some feedback and tips along the way. I have attached a quick drawing I did not the best but it's the idea.

20220331_130530.jpg
 
Are you sure about acrylic?
I build a smaller test tank over a year ago to see if i would have any problems with it and so far i havent had any issues what are your concerns??
 
Nice! What thickness?
Id definitely euro-brace it too (if you didn’t already plan to)
We call it 15mm I believe it is 5/8 of an inch definatly euro brace will have a single sheet on top with 2 cutouts in it with a 3-4 inch rim around the edge defiantly don't want any bowing on 8 feet haha
 
i'll try to fallow as well. I once had the same size tank in acrylic. been dreaming of a large FOWLR system and the thought of moving 300+ gallon glass tank is already hurting my back haha
2 med sized guys will be able to move that.

please do post lots of build pics along that way. I am very curious how this will come together and last over the years.
 
After a days work got a start on the stand
 

Attachments

  • 20220401_171027.jpg
    20220401_171027.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 45
After a few days of work the stands comming along nicely still need to put on the side pannels and the bottom hopefully another day or so and I should be ready to start painting it. Ordered the acrylic today so hopefully that comes soon.
 

Attachments

  • 20220404_152302.jpg
    20220404_152302.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 52

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new