Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love how a supposedly friendly community starts implying another member is a sucker (dumb) for buying such a thing, which also implies a sponsor is being unethical in his business practices. *But on the other hand you can have a vendor who names the same corals different names every sale, charges double what every other vendor does, and you can only maintain their color if have the specific water chemistry specs they have along with 400 PAR at a color spectrum of 23,438 kelvin..... yet most here call them the "greatest".

stephen a smith stephena GIF by ESPN

Oh, and by the way, a purple monster shroom will look amazing under nearly all reef lighting and normal seawater parameters.
I agree, I should’ve know better to open this thread to see a bunch of people caring what other people spend.

Maybe people should start pointing out when a tank has low end coral. I bet that wouldn’t be tolerated here for one minute though.

@SBB Corals keep doing what you are doing always having amazing corals available, I’m happy to be a “sucker” and support you

Last edited:

615Bororeefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, I should’ve know better to open this thread to see a bunch of people caring what other people spend.

Maybe people should start pointing out when a tank has low end coral. I bet that wouldn’t be tolerated here for one minute though.

who cares you can’t have a subjective post asking for peoples thoughts.. than cry about some people’s opinions.. heck the sucker that can 10 racks for that don’t care what that little dude says.. if the little man had cash he would spend it the way the world is.. haters gonna hate..

flampton

Ecological Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have met at least 5 people that made this argument and I have yet to see any of them actually go through with it.

Once they have frags, then it's always about "what is the most they can get out of it".
Within the means of the market. If I invest 8000 in a shroom, and get babies every once in a while then selling at 8000 is a no brainer, especially since growing things require infrastructure, maintenance and care. If I get the same shroom and figure out how to produce 10 a week, then well it would make more sense increasing turnover and charging less, lets say 400. If my competitor figures out the same, then he will most likely charge 200, and then I'll go 100...

Btw for all those complaining about pricing - The biggest issue keeping prices up is that the majority of aquarists kill their coral. So stop killing your coral, and get the clones back on the market.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
who cares you can’t have a subjective post asking for peoples thoughts.. than cry about some people’s opinions.. heck the sucker that can 10 racks for that don’t care what that little dude says.. if the little man had cash he would spend it the way the world is.. haters gonna hate..
taylor swift haters gonna hate GIF

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are right, haters are going to hate

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Closing this one. These threads tend to end up very negative and R2R isn’t the place for it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back