9 gallon new bee questions

Vanlife-reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 21, 2022
Messages
60
Reaction score
29
Location
UK
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Questions:

1. How do I figure out how much flow should there be? (I had it all on maximum creating a little vortex around the rock but I noticed that certain animals struggle with the amount of flow)

2. Do the anemones pompom crab holds need feeding any form? Also, will they grow bigger?

3. How do I figure out how much I should feed the critters? The tank is rather on the heavy side with the bioload yet the ammonia is at 0.25 and the rest is zero. I don’t want cyano outbreak.

IMG_8480.jpeg
 
Questions:

1. How do I figure out how much flow should there be? (I had it all on maximum creating a little vortex around the rock but I noticed that certain animals struggle with the amount of flow)

2. Do the anemones pompom crab holds need feeding any form? Also, will they grow bigger?

3. How do I figure out how much I should feed the critters? The tank is rather on the heavy side with the bioload yet the ammonia is at 0.25 and the rest is zero. I don’t want cyano outbreak.

IMG_8480.jpeg
Flow. Don’t make the animals struggle.
Feeding. Everything you add needs feeding. Read up on the animals you bought to learn about their adult size and feeding habits.
Cyanobacteria. There is a good chance that your aquarium will be infested with dinoflagellates and cyanobacteria sometime in its life but usually temporarily.
 
Flow. Don’t make the animals struggle.
Feeding. Everything you add needs feeding. Read up on the animals you bought to learn about their adult size and feeding habits.
Cyanobacteria. There is a good chance that your aquarium will be infested with dinoflagellates and cyanobacteria sometime in its life but usually temporarily.
I think I’ll need to start dosing nitrate as I am afraid of the outbreak.

What’s the best way of curing the ugly stage?
 
I think I’ll need to start dosing nitrate as I am afraid of the outbreak.

What’s the best way of curing the ugly stage?
You really can’t cure it, it is just part of the process. You can however have some control on how bad it gets. Feed your critters only what they need, If you don’t have any coral you can keep the lights off or low to not encourage uglies to grow. It’s just about getting through those first few months while your tank is finding its balance. Once those rocks start maturing, they are less prone to nuisance algae’s developing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new