90 4” stock list

Brooke24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s my stock list!! I’m filling my tank in 1 week! Here’s my finalized list, and I’m just wondering if y’all had some different opinions on the groups they go in my tank? I don’t have enough money to buy them all at once, so I’m going in groups. Here’s my list.
1x Potters Dwarf Angelfish
1x (Pair) of Banggai Cardinals
1x (Pair) of Caramel/ Saddleback clowns
1x (Trio) of scissortail dartfish
1x Squaretail Bristletooth/ Kole tang
2-3x Wrasse (Blue Head fairy/ Scarlet pinstripe)
1x Gumdrop coral croucher/ hawkfish
1x Starry Blenny ( I know they might get chances by the Kole)
Some shrimp, starfish, snails
Obviously I’m not getting all these at once, if I get ahead and see my tank is fully stocked I obviously won’t add anymore! But based on rock and all of that, I’m not sure. I won’t be upset if I can’t fit them all, it’s just my final stock list.

TangGang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s my stock list!! I’m filling my tank in 1 week! Here’s my finalized list, and I’m just wondering if y’all had some different opinions on the groups they go in my tank? I don’t have enough money to buy them all at once, so I’m going in groups. Here’s my list.
1x Potters Dwarf Angelfish
1x (Pair) of Banggai Cardinals
1x (Pair) of Caramel/ Saddleback clowns
1x (Trio) of scissortail dartfish
1x Squaretail Bristletooth/ Kole tang
2-3x Wrasse (Blue Head fairy/ Scarlet pinstripe)
1x Gumdrop coral croucher/ hawkfish
1x Starry Blenny ( I know they might get chances by the Kole)
Some shrimp, starfish, snails
Obviously I’m not getting all these at once, if I get ahead and see my tank is fully stocked I obviously won’t add anymore! But based on rock and all of that, I’m not sure. I won’t be upset if I can’t fit them all, it’s just my final stock list.
Looks great!! That’s going to be an awesome tank. The only thing I’d suggest is that the tang might be aggressive to the wrasses, unlikely, but that’s the only cause for concern in your list. Adding him last would help for sure. If that’s not possible due to availability most likely nothing will be wrong, but there is a possibility.

OP
OP
Brooke24

Brooke24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great!! That’s going to be an awesome tank. The only thing I’d suggest is that the tang might be aggressive to the wrasses, unlikely, but that’s the only cause for concern in your list. Adding him last would help for sure. If that’s not possible due to availability most likely nothing will be wrong, but there is a possibility.
Yeah, I was definitely planning on adding the tang last! Besides that, I don’t know what order to put the fish in! Maybe the Banggais, clownfish, and scissor tails? Thank you by the way!!:):):)

TangGang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I was definitely planning on adding the tang last! Besides that, I don’t know what order to put the fish in! Maybe the Banggais, clownfish, and scissor tails? Thank you by the way!!:):):)
Haha yes ofc no worries, new tanks are a lot of fun. For those guys literally whoever you buy first you can add. The order won’t matter for those guys they are all peaceful with each other.

OP
OP
Brooke24

Brooke24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha yes ofc no worries, new tanks are a lot of fun. For those guys literally whoever you buy first you can add. The order won’t matter for those guys they are all peaceful with each other.
Yeah , that’s what I thought. Maybe I can add them all in at once?

OP
OP
Brooke24

Brooke24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And the blenny, along with the fish above. Then maybe the angel, and wrasse. Lastly , the Kole tang. I would obviously add in inverts first along with the first group of fish, too!

OP
OP
Brooke24

Brooke24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would that work?

OP
OP
Brooke24

Brooke24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, everything looks really good I can't wait to see the pictures once you get everything in!!
Thank you so much! I’ve been working on this for so long saving up money, I will be sure to post a picture!

OP
OP
Brooke24

Brooke24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, everything looks really good I can't wait to see the pictures once you get everything in!!
Also I have a question. I have kinda a small sump, 20 G long for my 90, but it will do. I have a large protein skimmer, but there is still definitely enough room for a refugium and return pump along with my skimmer. Where do I plays my filter media? In my filter socks? Or around them?

OP
OP
Brooke24

Brooke24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I have a question. I have kinda a small sump, 20 G long for my 90, but it will do. I have a large protein skimmer, but there is still definitely enough room for a refugium and return pump along with my skimmer. Where do I plays my filter media? In my filter socks, or just sitting in the water in the first section where the water comes in from my overflow?

TangGang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I have a question. I have kinda a small sump, 20 G long for my 90, but it will do. I have a large protein skimmer, but there is still definitely enough room for a refugium and return pump along with my skimmer. Where do I plays my filter media? In my filter socks, or just sitting in the water in the first section where the water comes in from my overflow?
What kind of filter media? I run my sumps very simple, usually just a sock and a protein skimmer. A refugium is nice but I usually don’t run them, the pods replicate without problem in the DT.

OP
OP
Brooke24

Brooke24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of filter media? I run my sumps very simple, usually just a sock and a protein skimmer. A refugium is nice but I usually don’t run them, the pods replicate without problem in the DT.
I have a couple filter socks, protein skimmer and I even bought a bag of chemi pure. I have a large skimmer, which reads can handle a very large bio load for my size tank.

TangGang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple filter socks, protein skimmer and I even bought a bag of chemi pure. I have a large skimmer, which reads can handle a very large bio load for my size tank.
Ok so you can just place that in the water column, not in the sock.

hannernanner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is that Canton, NC? It's great to see a fellow WNC reefer here! I'm setting up a ~90gal and my stock list looks almost identical to yours haha. Have you decided where you'll be getting fish from? I think the closest LFS to me is Greenville now!

OP
OP
Brooke24

Brooke24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that Canton, NC? It's great to see a fellow WNC reefer here! I'm setting up a ~90gal and my stock list looks almost identical to yours haha. Have you decided where you'll be getting fish from? I think the closest LFS to me is Greenville now!
It’s Canton, Michigan unfortunately! What’s on your list?

OP
OP
Brooke24

Brooke24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pair of clowns
Pair of cardinals
Goby/shrimp pair
Blenny (love the starry)
Maybe a wrasse or two
Bristletooth tang (I've had my eye on the squaretail too!)
Pygmy geometric hawkfish
Yeah, I have the exact same list! The only difference is I have a dart fish trio and a dwarf angel

hannernanner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah, I have the exact same list! The only difference is I have a dart fish trio and a dwarf angel
I am so tempted by the dwarf angel, especially the Potter's. It's so beautiful! I figured it was something I could try later on, if I decide to roll the dice on adding one to a tank with a lot of coral. I've read a lot and it seems like the best answer as to their reef-safeness is that it "depends on the fish" haha

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.8%
Back