OP
OP
Catchemall

Catchemall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys I'm just winging it! Lol first time saltwater so kind of learning as I go. So far it's not as hard as I've played it up in my head. I guess I've read and researched enough to to feel more comfortable. And as I get into each stage new questions arise and I have to research more an more. If it wasn't for this website I probably would still be to afraid to try it.

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys I'm just winging it! Lol first time saltwater so kind of learning as I go. So far it's not as hard as I've played it up in my head. I guess I've read and researched enough to to feel more comfortable. And as I get into each stage new questions arise and I have to research more an more. If it wasn't for this website I probably would still be to afraid to try it.
Hahaha, I remember when I didn't know how water changes worked:D seriously, I was so confused.

OP
OP
Catchemall

Catchemall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well in the process as we type doing my first water change and it's kind of been a wreck lol. I'm gettin it tho. I'll be headin to the local fish store tomarow I think I'll get a couple green chromis fish to start out with. I have the quarantine setup already.

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well in the process as we type doing my first water change and it's kind of been a wreck lol. I'm gettin it tho. I'll be headin to the local fish store tomarow I think I'll get a couple green chromis fish to start out with. I have the quarantine setup already.
Haha perfect timing.

OP
OP
Catchemall

Catchemall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I go to the fish store for some chromis and come home with my favorite fish of all time lol I couldn't resist they're funny to watch. They love their reflection.

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1446778153.913413.jpg

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I go to the fish store for some chromis and come home with my favorite fish of all time lol I couldn't resist they're funny to watch. They love their reflection.

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1446778153.913413.jpg
Haha, cool man, when do you plan on putting them in? After qt that is?

OP
OP
Catchemall

Catchemall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know I guess I'll keep an eye on em for two or three weeks in qt and see how they act.

OP
OP
Catchemall

Catchemall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it looks like my clowns have ick so I guess I'm gonna go ahead and get some cuprimine and a test kit today [emoji603]

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ich? Sorry man. Let me know how it turns out!

OP
OP
Catchemall

Catchemall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's wierd I did a water change in quarantine and dosed the recommended amount of cupramine. The next day I noticed the little guy had started using his fins again and not keeping them clamped. So I was happy to see that. Then noticed he was still breathing fast and sitting on the bottom. So a buddy recommended me to turn out the light so I did. And immediately he came off the bottom and swam around like nothing was wrong and looks fine doing good 12 hours later. Odd!?

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah keep the lights off. I hear it helps

OP
OP
Catchemall

Catchemall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The little clownies seem fine I believe they'll be ok. Next couple weeks of cupramine and keeping a close eye on them will do the trick. I have a diatom bloom on the sand bed and starting alittle on the rock. I assume it's part the cycling process because I tested the water all readings were zero still so the rock and biofilter is established. I assume I could feel safe about getting a small clean up crew to take care of the bloom?

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The little clownies seem fine I believe they'll be ok. Next couple weeks of cupramine and keeping a close eye on them will do the trick. I have a diatom bloom on the sand bed and starting alittle on the rock. I assume it's part the cycling process because I tested the water all readings were zero still so the rock and biofilter is established. I assume I could feel safe about getting a small clean up crew to take care of the bloom?
Yep, your tank is in the process!

Reefrookie220

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta say, I respect a new guy who can do his research and stay humble enough to ask questions when necessary and heed advice given instead of the combativness and standard Google one liners that has become the norm with people lately. Good work man keep it up...you tank will be killer!

Also I'm really digging your rock work.

OP
OP
Catchemall

Catchemall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot reefrookie220 I appreciate that. I've learned a lot from the reef2reef ladies and gentleman. Actually it was you guys that made me finally overcome my nervousness of saltwater. My little clownies are looking good they've been under cupramine treatment for about a week and a half and they're both eating good and looking healthy. I've had a diatom bloom for about a week I really need to get some snails in there now. Thanks for tagging along.

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man, how's it coming?

OP
OP
Catchemall

Catchemall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going good still have the clowns in qt. finished with cupramine now going to do prazipro for about another week or so my goal is to have them in the display the first weekend in December. Prob add snails then as well to help clean up residual food and waste. Thanks for tagging along. Won't be much longer until I can have some new pictures to go along with my posts. [emoji57]

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back