90 Gallon Build

Ober_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

My carpet will finally be installed next week so I can set up my tank. I have a new drilled 4ft 90 gallon with corner input and output and I have purchased a good amount of my equipment already.

I just wanted to put this out there for some advice and input.

Equipment(I have)
Bashsea Bio Fuge 36x14x16(technically 2 because the first came with a crack on one of the sides, seems very fixable and a waste to toss so any advice here on what to do with this extra is appreciated too)
Hydor Seltz D 2400 Return
BRS 600 W titanium heater and Wi-Fi controller

Equipment(I will be ordering/buying from my LFS in the coming Days)
Reef Octopus 130s
2 AI Nero 5S
2 AI Prime 16 HDs
Screen Top

I’m open to all advice and suggestions but my main questions are on plumbing. It’s been 5+ years since I set up a tank and I notice a lot of people are hard plumbing their tanks these days. I plan to run flexible tubing from my intake potentially with a gate valve for emergencies, I also plan to run flexible tubing from my return pump back into my tank. My question is is there any reason why I should consider hard plumbing my sump? The main thing I think about is that this is not our forever home and we will more than likely upgrade in 3-5 years.

Last edited:

BlennyTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! Lots of people use flex pvc or vinyl tubing to plumb their setup. It makes it easier than hard PVC. Really can’t go wrong with either.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back