90 Gallon Build

Ober_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

My carpet will finally be installed next week so I can set up my tank. I have a new drilled 4ft 90 gallon with corner input and output and I have purchased a good amount of my equipment already.

I just wanted to put this out there for some advice and input.

Equipment(I have)
Bashsea Bio Fuge 36x14x16(technically 2 because the first came with a crack on one of the sides, seems very fixable and a waste to toss so any advice here on what to do with this extra is appreciated too)
Hydor Seltz D 2400 Return
BRS 600 W titanium heater and Wi-Fi controller

Equipment(I will be ordering/buying from my LFS in the coming Days)
Reef Octopus 130s
2 AI Nero 5S
2 AI Prime 16 HDs
Screen Top

I’m open to all advice and suggestions but my main questions are on plumbing. It’s been 5+ years since I set up a tank and I notice a lot of people are hard plumbing their tanks these days. I plan to run flexible tubing from my intake potentially with a gate valve for emergencies, I also plan to run flexible tubing from my return pump back into my tank. My question is is there any reason why I should consider hard plumbing my sump? The main thing I think about is that this is not our forever home and we will more than likely upgrade in 3-5 years.

Last edited:

BlennyTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! Lots of people use flex pvc or vinyl tubing to plumb their setup. It makes it easier than hard PVC. Really can’t go wrong with either.

Back