90 gallon FO see-through DT build

Amaroq

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build and progression so far! So your a big fan of your Oase filters then? I'm considering grabbing the 600T for a 40B. How do you find their prefilter design? No issues with leaks or anything along those lines?

OP
OP
DaddyFish

DaddyFish

“5 percenter”
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build and progression so far! So your a big fan of your Oase filters then? I'm considering grabbing the 600T for a 40B. How do you find their prefilter design? No issues with leaks or anything along those lines?
Yes, I love the Oase Biomaster. The design and construction quality is way above anything commonly available around here. The prefilter is super easy to clean, takes me less than five minutes. For saltwater I definitely recommend the 45 ppi Carbon Foam filters. Ignore the carbon and just keep reusing them. They have the best overall porosity for saltwater.

I've had zero issues with leaks on a total of four Biomasters. Two of which have been running for over a year. I clean the prefilter about twice per week and open the canister, rinse the trays, change the carbon and put it back into service every 4-6 weeks.

They do not have a lot of flow power against head height. At 39" head height you should plan on half/50% of the rated flow.

OP
OP
DaddyFish

DaddyFish

“5 percenter”
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you elaborate on why adding the UV is the best system change you’ve done?
Sorry it took me so long here!
UV buys me time to diagnose most any fish disease without having to go into full panic mode, tearing a tank apart, scooping out fish for setup in QT. The water clarity is just a bonus for me.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back