90 gallon FO see-through DT build

Awesome build and progression so far! So your a big fan of your Oase filters then? I'm considering grabbing the 600T for a 40B. How do you find their prefilter design? No issues with leaks or anything along those lines?
 
Awesome build and progression so far! So your a big fan of your Oase filters then? I'm considering grabbing the 600T for a 40B. How do you find their prefilter design? No issues with leaks or anything along those lines?
Yes, I love the Oase Biomaster. The design and construction quality is way above anything commonly available around here. The prefilter is super easy to clean, takes me less than five minutes. For saltwater I definitely recommend the 45 ppi Carbon Foam filters. Ignore the carbon and just keep reusing them. They have the best overall porosity for saltwater.

I've had zero issues with leaks on a total of four Biomasters. Two of which have been running for over a year. I clean the prefilter about twice per week and open the canister, rinse the trays, change the carbon and put it back into service every 4-6 weeks.

They do not have a lot of flow power against head height. At 39" head height you should plan on half/50% of the rated flow.
 
Can you elaborate on why adding the UV is the best system change you’ve done?
Sorry it took me so long here!
UV buys me time to diagnose most any fish disease without having to go into full panic mode, tearing a tank apart, scooping out fish for setup in QT. The water clarity is just a bonus for me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 54 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new