90 Gallon stand design finished

Sean W.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys,

I just finished designing the stand for my new 90 gallon build I am slowly piecing togther, hoping to have water in the tank by the end of the year.

In the freshwater world, these kind of stands are called " ADA stands ", or Aqua Design Amano, inspired by Takashi Amano, the grandfather of planted tanks (rip).

I used the free online cad software "TinkerCad" to design this. Cad is a great way to see how things are going to line up and how things are going to fit.

Not a lot to say here, I was just proud of how the stand came together and I think it's going to look awesome when it's done.

ZMiL3PX.jpg

7CDRDp0.jpg

yMF3rjI.jpg

OP
OP
Sean W.

Sean W.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a giant freshwater/ATO reservoir on the right in the sump? Or is it interconnected with the sump/skimmer portion?

Good eyes! I was wondering who was going to catch that. It *IS* a a giant freshwater ATO res... BUT! It is also my saltwater mixing container.

95% of the time it is a 29 gallon ATO freshwater reservioir, but when I'm ready to do a water change, I fill it all the way back to the top, add my salt, turn on my circulation pump and water heater and it becomes my mixing station.

The next day when I'm ready to do a water change, I drain the exact amount of water that is in the mixing conatiner out of the display tank, pump the water from the mixing res into the display tank. Then I refill the reservior with fresh RODI water and turn my ATO back on and for the next 10-14 days it's my ATO res.

rinse and repeat.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back