90 Gallon upgrade to 180 Gallon

JP&JL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey what's up everyone?! I made my initial detailed post with my current 90 gallon a few months ago and had mentioned I would be upgrading it to a 180 gallon. Well now that I'm filling that big guy with water and have lights/various equipment in the mail headed my way I thought I'd post an update.

So the first picture here is just an updated picture on the 90 gallon tank. It's currently doing great...LPS and softies are growing out of control, I had to frag the Duncan into four different colonies just for them to have room.....I'm about to do a Duncan give away lol. SPS are all settling in, encrusting and growing well. The montis are growing at least 1/2" a month

The next pictures are all of the new 180 I'm building out.

IMG_0640.jpg

So nothing crazy with the 180 system. We took a little nook in our basement and turned it into a sump room so aesthetically wise we have a lot of work to do but won't get to it for a while....tank first obviously :) So I'll be running dual returns, 70 gallon sump with a 55 gallon refugium repurposed from the old original sump that came with the 180. Lights are going to be 3 Radeon G4's in a hybrid T5 fixture. Fuge light is the Kessil H380. Not sure what I'm going to do for temperature control yet I kind of want to see where the temperature settles with the lights and equipment on. I left plenty of gate valves plumbed in to add stuff as I want to. I'm giving the new Red Sea 900 skimmer a whirl for filtration.

This is going to eventually hopefully be an SPS dominant tank so lots of flow will be added in the form of Gyres and MP60's.

I'm all in on the Neptune systems! FMK has been plumbed in and the rest of the Neptune stuff from the 90 along with some new incoming products will be used as well. I can't say enough good things about using Neptune Apex controller system!

Ultimately I'm not going to be adding a ton of new stuff right away. Essentially I'm going to make this initially just a larger version of the 90 gallon and what I'm doing/adding there just for a more stable transition for all the inhabitants to include dosing the same two part lol....yes this will get upgraded don't worry! Enjoy the fun project pics and please send some feedback/good ideas. I wanted to get this posted for that reason before I got too far along. Like I said I still have lots of capability to add or take away!

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg
IMG_0643.jpg
IMG_0644.jpg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Neither.

• Other.

Back