9000l/h Flow Sensor Fittings?

Sticks And Stones

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 16, 2018
Messages
114
Reaction score
197
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering picking up a couple 9000 l/h flow sensors and saw the inner diameter was approximately 1", but the available imperial fittings are for 3/4" pipe. I want to use these for two return pumps and 1" pvc, but believe these fittings would be too restrictive. Do I have any other options for larger fittings? If not, is there a way to make the Neptune 2" flow sensor work with the Profilux?
 
I struggled to find the correct size connectors.
If I'm not mistaken the double u ion ball valve threads are same size aka.. the valve bit comes out and the sensor goes in.

Flow - yes it will be restrictive
 
GHL USA now sells imperial fittings for that flow sensor, which is great for people using 3/4" pvc, but that's just not a good match for my application.
 
Any idea what material the flow sensor is made from?

I’m in the same predicament and thinking I may turn down both ends to 1.315” and glue 1” unions on both ends.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 28.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new