!!911!!

Johny_Dough

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
!!!911!!!
Anyway to turn EB outlets on without the apex head unit? I have 2 EB 832s.
Backstory. Apex stopped being able to write to internal memory. Support sent a new unit. I went to install today. Unhooked the orginal. Went to hook up the new one. But it is defective and the autobus ports are just up right missing. Heard a pop. Half my pumps and lights went out. Hooked old apex back up but it is dead dead now....
Now half the outlets are off...

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you have a short somewhere in the Apex set up. I'm not sure if it's the replacement (Neptune is know for sending out refurbished replacements that haven't gone through proper testing) or any of the original modules.

EB832s will follow the fall back programming without the head unit connected after a few seconds. But at that point they are just expensive power strips.

I can diagnose and repair your Apex set up hassle free if you choose. https://www.fixreef.com/mail-in-repair/
But if it's still under warranty, Neptune needs to make this right.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree for now till you get the apex straightened out appertains strip preferably with surge protection

OP
OP
Johny_Dough

Johny_Dough

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you have a short somewhere in the Apex set up. I'm not sure if it's the replacement (Neptune is know for sending out refurbished replacements that haven't gone through proper testing) or any of the original modules.

EB832s will follow the fall back programming without the head unit connected after a few seconds. But at that point they are just expensive power strips.

I can diagnose and repair your Apex set up hassle free if you choose. https://www.fixreef.com/mail-in-repair/
But if it's still under warranty, Neptune needs to make this right.
Yeah it's only 6 months old. Thanks.

OP
OP
Johny_Dough

Johny_Dough

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the original unit into wifi mode and have gotten most the plugs back on.

But one plug which says it is one is not getting power. wonder if that was the pop I heard.

OP
OP
Johny_Dough

Johny_Dough

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to update. The old unit is back on and the memory started working again but all my programming and automation was lost. lesson learned ... I will back it up this time. Waiting for the new unit to ship before I redo everything.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%

Back