93 Cube

reefinginBD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there,
I have been wanting to set up a reef tank for over 3 years now, but I am 14 years old and we are supposed to move to our new house which keeps getting delayed due to many reasons. Anyways, I was supposed to get a 120 gallon tank and then a 150 gallon peninsula, but I think I might have to get a 93 gallon cube. So, I was hoping that the people with 30 inch 93 gallon cube tanks could post pics of there tanks along with the stocking (Fish and Invert) and the filtration if possible, so that I can get some inspiration and set up a tank when we move. Thank you in advance!

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSCN3470.JPG

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For starters, I don't have that tank set up anymore and I don't think I have a photo of the sump. Now that we are retired, we are traveling a lot. We have 2 friends who come in twice a day to feed and care for our cat. They also feed the fish. We always worried about how we/they would deal with some big issue with the tank, like a return pump failure or a leak. So I've downsized to a 16g aio for now, while I build a custom 40g aio.

The pictured tank had a simple 2 chamber sump with a filter sock that drained into a refugium full of algae on one side. Then it flowed to the return chamber where there was also a good skimmer. I did 20g water changes every couple of months.

It only had a few fish, a scopas tang, 2 different clowns, a royal gramma, a banggi cardinal, a 6 line wrasse and a blennie.

Inverts is a very different story. I collected most of my own when we go snorkeling in the Keys. BTW, there is a link to a thread about snorkeling and collecting in my signature below. You might enjoy looking at it. There are lots of photos taken by my wife.

In the tank there were,quite a few rock flower anemones, a couple of curlyque anemones, Astrea snails, stomatella snails, ceriths, nerites, an emeral crabs, a designer crab, 2 yellow sea cucumbers, a few small red feather dusters, afew serpent stars, 2 cleaner shrimp, a small urchin, 2 kinds of chitons and a small sea hare (and I'm probably forgetting some!). I fed nori on a clip that laid on the sand for the inverts almost every day.

The new 40g aio will be mostly lps &sps coral and lots of inverts. Probably no fish, or just one to be part of the CUC.

firechild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there,
I have been wanting to set up a reef tank for over 3 years now, but I am 14 years old and we are supposed to move to our new house which keeps getting delayed due to many reasons. Anyways, I was supposed to get a 120 gallon tank and then a 150 gallon peninsula, but I think I might have to get a 93 gallon cube. So, I was hoping that the people with 30 inch 93 gallon cube tanks could post pics of there tanks along with the stocking (Fish and Invert) and the filtration if possible, so that I can get some inspiration and set up a tank when we move. Thank you in advance!
Wouldn't a 30" cube be closer to 116G?

OP
OP
R

reefinginBD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For starters, I don't have that tank set up anymore and I don't think I have a photo of the sump. Now that we are retired, we are traveling a lot. We have 2 friends who come in twice a day to feed and care for our cat. They also feed the fish. We always worried about how we/they would deal with some big issue with the tank, like a return pump failure or a leak. So I've downsized to a 16g aio for now, while I build a custom 40g aio.

The pictured tank had a simple 2 chamber sump with a filter sock that drained into a refugium full of algae on one side. Then it flowed to the return chamber where there was also a good skimmer. I did 20g water changes every couple of months.

It only had a few fish, a scopas tang, 2 different clowns, a royal gramma, a banggi cardinal, a 6 line wrasse and a blennie.

Inverts is a very different story. I collected most of my own when we go snorkeling in the Keys. BTW, there is a link to a thread about snorkeling and collecting in my signature below. You might enjoy looking at it. There are lots of photos taken by my wife.

In the tank there were,quite a few rock flower anemones, a couple of curlyque anemones, Astrea snails, stomatella snails, ceriths, nerites, an emeral crabs, a designer crab, 2 yellow sea cucumbers, a few small red feather dusters, afew serpent stars, 2 cleaner shrimp, a small urchin, 2 kinds of chitons and a small sea hare (and I'm probably forgetting some!). I fed nori on a clip that laid on the sand for the inverts almost every day.

The new 40g aio will be mostly lps &sps coral and lots of inverts. Probably no fish, or just one to be part of the CUC.
I see thanks a lot! Also good luck with the 40 gallon aio!

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
30x30x24 is just over 90g

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back