93 Gallon DD Cube build

  • Thread starter Thread starter svogun
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

svogun

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
391
Reaction score
395
Location
Wallingford CT
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5447.jpg


Just received my custom stand with purgola for my 93 gallon cube. Thanks to Kirk at Headie Corals in North Haven for putting this beautiful piece together for me. Looking forward to the rest of the build! And the wife was all smiles. Perfect for our fish room. More updates to come as things progress.
 
Last edited:
Hmm. I'm new to posting photos here. All I did was drag it in from my photo album. There should be a link to an attachment. Its weird because on my phone it comes right up and on my Mac it comes up as an attachment.
 
I can see it. looks VERY awesome. Had no idea Headie corals built stands. Any pics of the inside?
 
I can snap one for you later. Nothing exciting in there however. Everything will be plumbed into my basement.
 
Sand and live rock went in last night and the tank is filled! Will post more pics!
 
So everything is up and running for about 3 weeks. Still dealing with the typical cloudiness in the display but I figured I would send a few pics of the filtration room! Here is my equipment list

Light: Radion Gen 3 Pro with reeflink wireless control
Return pump: Mag 18
Skimmer: Reef Octopus Diablo XS 160
ATO: Tunze Osmolator
Heaters: 2, 400 watt titanium heaters. 1 with Blue Line Controller, 1 with Proheat D1500 controller
Phosphate reactor: Phosban 500
Media Reactor: BRS dual chamber
Refugium: 20 gallon long
Salt Water Mixing station: 32 gallon brute container with mag 9 and direct hookup to RO/DI
Top off Reservoir: 32 gallon brute container with direct hookup to RO/DI
Dosing: Bubble Magus T01 (not hooked up yet)
Wave Maker: Maxspect Gyre XF150
 
Once things settle in will post pics of the DT. Looking on anyone's thoughts regarding the Genesis Reef Systems Auto Water Changer. May consider a 1 gallon per day water change vice dosing and use my Bubble Magus doser for a liquid food dosing pump!
 
So its been about a year since my tank has been up and running so I figured I would post of few FTS and pics of my basement setup. I added a DOS for auto water change. I change about 1 gallon per day. My future plans are for a frag tank. Enjoy the pics!

IMG_5901.jpg


IMG_6132.jpg


IMG_6139.jpg


IMG_6143.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new