93 GALLON RIMLESS STAND QUESTIONS

sc8kv123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a used Marineland 93 gal. frameless cube tank with the open top ventura stand. The front, back, and side panels are built around the bottom panel of glass with no trim or bracing and none of the panels appear to be tempered. When the tank is on a level surface all the panels will be touching that surface. Will this stand really be enough for all this weight only being supported by the side panes of glass on top of the perimeter of the stand? Also, with the weight of the tank, rock, water, etc. being supported more or less on just the sides of the tank with no center support what is keeping the bottom pane of glass from just dropping down or cracking under the pressure? Would a sturdy, flat top stand with foam not be the better/a more safe route? Voiding the warranty is not a concern to me as I have no receipt for the purchase and I plan to drill the tank out the back.

Thank you!

Longnose Hawkfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built my own stand for my 93 gallon cube. I would assume that the stock stand would hold the tank however.

OP
OP
sc8kv123

sc8kv123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built my own stand for my 93 gallon cube. I would assume that the stock stand would hold the tank however.
Thanks for the info. Did you use an open top design for your stand? Also, did you use foam under the tank? I tried finding a build thread for your tank but didn't see one. I would really like to see how you have your sump/equipment setup so I can get some ideas.

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. Did you use an open top design for your stand? Also, did you use foam under the tank? I tried finding a build thread for your tank but didn't see one. I would really like to see how you have your sump/equipment setup so I can get some ideas.

I hope your are going full BeanAnimal :)

I have a basement sump for my 150 cube, but the 93's are pretty tough to get everything underneath the tank. I would consider picking up a cabinet of some sort to house all of your electronics outside of the stand and still be protected from unwanted attention.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back