OP
HomeReef

HomeReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Restarting the hobby after a few previous attempts. Never got to age an aquarium much due to military moves.
8F39A299-2855-4F82-B6BA-F9ACBBC2957F.jpeg

OP
OP
HomeReef

HomeReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3CBAEDA8-7CBD-4ADA-81F7-29B7AF92A553.jpeg
Tornado hit the Beavercreek Ohio area and I lost everything in my tank due to an electrical outage. Almost gave up but decided to keep going.

Took the opportunity to Aquascape and changed my path forward. Plan to add high end corals in hopes of trading/selling enough to fund the hobby.

Fiesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Looks like you switched to a 250g tank with lots of nice equipment! I am following your build.

Thanks. I still miss the 93 a lil. Great size but just need to keep things to scale and treat it like a huge nano! :) Then u be happy with it. I was starting to add too large of items and therfore needed larger tank.

OP
OP
HomeReef

HomeReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I still miss the 93 a lil. Great size but just need to keep things to scale and treat it like a huge nano! :) Then u be happy with it. I was starting to add too large of items and therfore needed larger tank.
Learning what those items are before I buy will be the trick!

Fiesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking forward to upgrading from my 93 but it has been a great learning experience

I guess my advice would be dont rush upgrading and just scale your fish and corals to the 93. Think "small" that can grow huge in that tank. Nano to the extreme! Then take your time and if u ever want to upgrade in future u will be ready for anything.

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess my advice would be dont rush upgrading and just scale your fish and corals to the 93. Think "small" that can grow huge in that tank. Nano to the extreme! Then take your time and if u ever want to upgrade in future u will be ready for anything.

I’ve had the 93 for almost 2 years now and I feel like it was the perfect introduction to my first reef. Check out the build thread in my signature. The wife and I are planning to move within the next 8 months so I’ve started the planning process of breakdown and eventually upgrade.

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3CBAEDA8-7CBD-4ADA-81F7-29B7AF92A553.jpeg
Tornado hit the Beavercreek Ohio area and I lost everything in my tank due to an electrical outage. Almost gave up but decided to keep going.

Took the opportunity to Aquascape and changed my path forward. Plan to add high end corals in hopes of trading/selling enough to fund the hobby.

I’m from the Cincinnati area, was terrible to see the storms that went through Dayton/Beavercreek.

How’s the refresh coming along? What’s your vision for the tank?

OP
OP
HomeReef

HomeReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m from the Cincinnati area, was terrible to see the storms that went through Dayton/Beavercreek.

How’s the refresh coming along? What’s your vision for the tank?
I plan to fill the tank with some high end corals. What they are, I don’t know yet; will need to research and learn from the forum. Along the outside I plan to add Euphyllia. The small rock in the front right, I have dubbed Zoa Island, any guesses what coral are on it :)

Last edited:

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 86 48.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back