95 Gal Build from Scratch, follow and comment plz.

chadmcd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I went and picked up my tank on Friday, got it cleaned up and put some water in it. RO/DI system is operational. Now I need to get my refugium so I can get this baby operational. I will post pics as I go, so please comment away, your opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

IMAG0341.jpg

IMAG0342.jpg

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great lookin' tank!! Can't wait to see how it turns out! :D

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Following!

OP
OP
chadmcd

chadmcd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy I bought the aquarium from had some old reef rock and coral that he also gave me. I took the pieces I was interested in and have had them "cooking" for a few days now. I mixed half new water with half water from my existing tank, took a cup of skum from the skimmer and mixed that all together. Today I took a small piece of "live" rock from my existing tank and added it to my "stew", or "witches brew" as my daughter says. Now we will let this sit and cook for a while before I add it to the tank. I don't know if this is doing anything helpful, but I am not ready to add anything into my new tank yet, so I figured it couldn't hurt. Any thoughts?

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 27 15.0%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.2%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 105 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back