Waterbox scratching easily???

justinkdenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had trouble with the waterbox peninsula 25 scratching easily? I have owned other low iron glass aquariums and I literally baby my aquarium. I try not to even touch the sand when I'm using my flipper nano metal side only not the brush side. Within the first couple of months, I put some hugh scratches in it which I blamed on myself so I started only scraping the dirty parts forward so I wouldn't get anything behind the scraper when I pull it back. That seemed to help until the other day I was viewing my aquarium and I noticed what looked like smears all over the aquarium. I though the outside was just dirty with salt smears but after cleaning I decided it was inside. I recleaned and the smears won't go away. It looks terrible! Like I said earlier, I baby this thing. I checked my flipper nano for nicks in the metal and it's perfect. My innovative marine never did this and my freshwater low iron waterbox is perfect. Has anyone else had this happen? Pics are hard to get but I think you will see what I'm talking about.

Screenshot_20240412_080959_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20240412_080913_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20240412_080855_Gallery.jpg

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry that is happening to you. I know low iron can scratch easily. Your pictures might be more presentable if you cropped out the bars on the top and bottom of each one.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My flipper scratched my WB10.

jft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All these so called magnet algae cleaners ARE NOT safe to use IMO. I have seen and HEARD from many aquarists That They Have wound up with numerous or a few scratches overtime. I have found soft paper towels or a finger nail with patience works best. Treat your tank like a fine auto and you will not have problems. I have kept aquariums for over 30 years and That has been my experience. Just my two cents.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back