99% pure calcium chloride pellets

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi from So Ca. I am coming to Phoenix and Tucson shortly. I have several 7 gallon buckets 50 pounds of Calcium Chloride pellets available. I can bring some with me if anyone is interested. $50 pounds for only $50. Lesser amounts for $2.00 a pound. This is a fraction of what a well known online retailer sells it for.
Pm if your interested.

OP
OP
laverda

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that do not know Calcium Chloride is the calcium part of Randy’s two part dosing recipe. The suggested mix is 1.25 cups per gallon of RO/DI. I dissolve one cup per gallon of RO/DI water to make it easy. I dose small amounts hourly via a dosing pump. You can dose daily or as needed. You can find out more with a quick google search https://www.google.com/search?clien...ZveB4YQsKwBKAN6BAgBEAU&biw=1024&bih=666&dpr=2
A 50 pound bucket is enough to last most large tanks a year or more. I suggest a couple people get one bucket and devide it up.
For ALK you can use baking soda, or baked baking soda. Baking soda is available cheaply at Costco, Sams club or any grocery store.

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back in the 90's a friend that worked at high end reef store, and still today is one of the most knowledgeable man in our hobby, would buy a 50lb can of calcium chloride and split the can and money. I did try using kalkwasser back then, but I prefer calcium chloride, as I did not have a low pH, alk or low calcium. My wife and just returned to the hobby. I don't see much in discussions about chloride. Has kalkwasser become more popular because of today's reactors ? I would make a juice container and a hospital drip line. Very cheap and easy to use.

OP
OP
laverda

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question, curious to the purity, what is the brand of these pellets?
Please forgive me. I just realized I never got back to you on this. Better late then never I guess. It is 99% pure. The impurities are mostly water and other elements found in our tanks. Nothing harmful. The brand is Snow and Ice Melt

OP
OP
laverda

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It
Back in the 90's a friend that worked at high end reef store, and still today is one of the most knowledgeable man in our hobby, would buy a 50lb can of calcium chloride and split the can and money. I did try using kalkwasser back then, but I prefer calcium chloride, as I did not have a low pH, alk or low calcium. My wife and just returned to the hobby. I don't see much in discussions about chloride. Has kalkwasser become more popular because of today's reactors ? I would make a juice container and a hospital drip line. Very cheap and easy to use.
I think it is just a question of what works for you and your tanks needs. Both methods work as does a calcium reactor.

Roy Arena

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1575257765092.png

96% Calcium chloride

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back