• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

99% pure Calcium Chloride

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have several 50 pound buckets of Calcium Chloride available for $50.00 each. It is 99% pure pellets perfect for making 2 part. 50 pounds comes in the larger 7 gallon buckets. I can do 1, 2, 5, 10 or 20 pounds if you prefer at $2.00 a pound. Shipping would be at cost. Pm you zip code and how much you want, to get shipping cost.

VelocityTech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for my amusement , could you share a photo? How big of a tank were you managing?? Lol

OP
OP
laverda

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats so amusing? Lots of people use the same product. Same stuff BRS sells but in pellet form instead of flakes. Same as Randy recommended in his original 2 part recipe.
I have a 300 gallon with a mangrove Lagoon attached. I have fish and corals that have been in my care for over 20 years.
20210108_154957.jpg
I lost all my SPS 6 months back when my apex turned my dosing pump from auto to "ON" emptying my alk container raising alk from 8 to 14.5 Dkh. Worse it did not notify me when the PH spiked above 8.4 as it should have. Since then I only added a few which died when I was sick with covid and side effects. I did not even look at my tank for a month let alone do any maintenance on it for a month and a half. My nutrients are still through the roof.

VelocityTech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, its not everyday you see someone with 600 LB of Calcium. that's all! Friday i may take a flat rate box, Filled.

OP
OP
laverda

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I acquired several pallets of 50 pound buckets at a good deal. I think I got 1400 pounds originally. I got as much as I could haul and store, so I could pass it on to my fellow hobbiest.
I also helped with some large local group buys for 50 pound bags of Kalk and later carbon in the past. I still have 5-6 pounds of carbon left, I am guessing. I don't use a lot of carbon as I bought it at least 12 years ago.

Just let me know when your ready.

Last edited:
OP
OP
laverda

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clearing out my storage. I have several 50 pound / 7 gallon buckets of calcium chloride available. Only $40.00. Will consider fish or CUC in trade.
For those the are unfamiliar with how to use calcium chloride. Here is a link to Randy's 2 part recipe. It is a simple, inexpensive way to dose alkalinity and Calcium. I use baked baking soda from Costco of the Alk part.

OP
OP
laverda

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have several 50 pound' 7 gallon buckets available. 50 pounds is more than most will use in 5 years. I can ship smaller quantities to suit your needs.
Compare to BRS at $200 for 35 pounds!

Last edited:

PeterErc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t understand why people are not all over this. I guess because it’s not “pharma grade” or some other marketing BS.
This is the real deal calcium chloride, don’t settle for less. Sustain the most beautiful, rarest and exotic corals in the world with this remarkable product. Hurry now before the limited supply runs out. Buy 50lbs and get a free bucket.
All ya need now is a catchy jingle and a photoshopped picture.

OP
OP
laverda

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t understand why people are not all over this. I guess because it’s not “pharma grade” or some other marketing BS.
This is the real deal calcium chloride, don’t settle for less. Sustain the most beautiful, rarest and exotic corals in the world with this remarkable product. Hurry now before the limited supply runs out. Buy 50lbs and get a free bucket.
All ya need now is a catchy jingle and a photoshopped picture.
I don’t either. Especially after seeing the thread with people gripping about BRS doubling the price of theirs. I had the opertunity to pic up some cheep. I got a couple pallets worth figuring i would pass the savings on to other hobbiest. I had it storred 3 different locations. I recently consolidated it and have more then I thought at about half a pallet left. The purity is 99%. The impurities are water and magnesium. If i remember the pharamacy grade stuff is only 98% pure.

PeterErc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately the good old days seem long gone. Local reef clubs were jumping, the forums were moving. Now it’s LED, magic elixirs and frags of frags. I don’t have Facebook but guess that’s where everyone went, RC is a grave yard. I just started getting back full tilt into the hobby again and my thoughts and opinions will not be positive.
I used to pick up 50lb bags of Peladow from water works supply house and pass it around. Remember trying to buy magnesium chloride in bulk. They sold it by the pallet, but I had to buy a truck load, forget how many pallets it was. That didn’t work out to good.
BRS did do good for themselves, started out as two part solution .com selling the ingredients for Randy’s recipe and turned into what they are now. Glad I never drank the kool-aid. It’s still Mrs. Wages pickling lime, inexpensive soda ash and I have a bunch of calcium chloride from the pool store. Don’t use much calcium chloride any more though, but when I do need some I know where to get it.

OP
OP
laverda

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone interested. 10 pounds shipped to the continental US via Priority Mail will be $36.10. I mix 1 1/4 cup to make a gallon of Randy's of 2 part CA recipe #2.

Dieing for a Drink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is i have been trying to build a reef tank for 25 years ...almost had all i needed...then opps shes preggers....now im starting again....the Hobby is outta control as far as prices go..every single thing costs about 500+bucks....The hobby hates poor peeps however i destroyed my liver and ill be dammed if i die befor i build a tank.Id jump on this but i just bought Dry rock and sand i dont need yet.

Back