9th annual CMAC

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you guys interested in one of these this year? :)

phillrodrigo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course we do. I'm starting a new job so don't want to commit to something that may not even be possible for me to help with. Once I get this place open and have a idea of what I can commit to I have no problem giving you guys a hand

JerSaint

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am pumped! I already asked for the day off of work. I am also willing to help out! I live very close to the location.

seagull18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris - I would love to see another CMAC in 2015. However I have a couple of concerns. With MACNA in DC this year I would expect a lot of vendors and participants from our area might be spending a lot of time and cash at this show. With Frag Farmers and MACNA, do you think we can get the necessary participation to make CMAC a successful show? I'm just concerned that the vendors and participants might be burnt out for CMAC.

OP
OP
chriskid

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris - I would love to see another CMAC in 2015. However I have a couple of concerns. With MACNA in DC this year I would expect a lot of vendors and participants from our area might be spending a lot of time and cash at this show. With Frag Farmers and MACNA, do you think we can get the necessary participation to make CMAC a successful show? I'm just concerned that the vendors and participants might be burnt out for CMAC.
I don't think this will be an issue at all, however we the board might be burnt out because I believe we're all going to DC :) what do you consider to be successful.? I know when we spoke at the last meeting a lot of people voiced that making this conference profitable or not isn't an issue it's more of a good time. Even though we made it profitable you guys said it wouldn't matter if we even broke even.

Last edited:

SteelerMike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm definitely in and think it will be successful. MACNA is first week of September and CMAC isn't until October. I also agree that it doesn't necessarily need to make a profit to be successful.

seagull18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think this will be an issue at all, however we the board might be burnt out because I believe we're all going to DC :) what do you consider to be successful.? I know when we spoke at the last meeting a lot of people voiced that making this conference profitable or not isn't an issue it's more of a good time. Even though we made it profitable you guys said it wouldn't matter if we even broke even.

From my perspective as long as we don't lose money, I would consider it a successful show. However I know this is a huge endeavor and from what I understand there was only a small group of people who put last years show together. With the increased shows this year (MACNA & FFM), I think it will take even more work to get the vendors and participants to come. My concern would be the ability to get dedicated volunteers to get the job done.

OP
OP
chriskid

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my perspective as long as we don't lose money, I would consider it a successful show. However I know this is a huge endeavor and from what I understand there was only a small group of people who put last years show together. With the increased shows this year (MACNA & FFM), I think it will take even more work to get the vendors and participants to come. My concern would be the ability to get dedicated volunteers to get the job done.
thank you for your concern however we attended last year's FFM as well, not to mention got donations for the club to have its own tank. We also had our conference the same date as Virginia had theirs. So all in all I think this year it will be easier especially being the fact that all five of us on the board also put together last years. The two new board members didn't help with the initial setup but they wereshining star at the conference itself.their assistance good night before and the day of the show was priceless, and to have them help all year this year this should be a breeze :)

mtc1966

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why is this being debated . I thought i read the date was already set for next year. am i wrong ?

seagull18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why is this being debated . I thought i read the date was already set for next year. am i wrong ?

Sorry - Didn't notice that a sticky thread was created 12/2 announcing that the CMAC show for 2015 was a done deal. I guess I'm confused why this thread was even created or maybe it was created just to get the mojo going.

OP
OP
chriskid

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry - Didn't notice that a sticky thread was created 12/2 announcing that the CMAC show for 2015 was a done deal. I guess I'm confused why this thread was even created or maybe it was created just to get the mojo going.
yes, I wanted to see who is interested, & I wanted to hear all the concern. The thread was starting because I wanted opinions, even if they didn't have an impact on whether we did or didn't have this conference.

it was also started it because I do care what most of you have to say :)

OP
OP
chriskid

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And Neal, you don't post much so I will continue this conversation with you as long as you would like :) lol

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.2%
Back