A 93gal Dream Cube, Well Worth the Wait!

OP
OP
RandomReefer

RandomReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, something about the sight of 5 vortechs give me chills. Nice clean set up and sick equipment.

Thanks! I'm really happy with how it's going so far.

Btw... (4 VorTechs and a Vectra) [emoji6][emoji4]

OP
OP
RandomReefer

RandomReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha ye, I guess I meant 5 ecotechs. Sick. How do you like the vectra?

I'm a big fan so far. The one on this tank is the M1 and I have an L1 running my frag tanks.

The feature I like the most is the calibrated feed mode. I set the flow GPH for feed mode that keeps enough pressure to keep the return lines primed. Makes for a much smoother restart after feeding and doesn't suck food down the return.

Canceling the feed mode puts the Vortechs back to full swing, which stirs up the remaining food, while the Vectra very slowly ramps back up.

OP
OP
RandomReefer

RandomReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Swapped out the Radion with an ATI Dimmable Sunpower 8x24W.

I debated getting one of the ATI Hybrid fixtures, but at 24" and only (1)LED cluster, it just didn't seem logical. Thanks to my LFS, I'll probably get a ReefBrite LED strip to mount on the front of this fixture.

1206cd4d22fdc33c7fbe75be588dc161.jpg

e0addc6d7c29308063b06ecd07c4ede9.jpg

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! A+ for neatness, organization, and attention to detail! Can't wait to see this tank a couple years from now:)

OP
OP
RandomReefer

RandomReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's an update!!

I added the Sebae (H. crispa). So far it's been steadily holding foot in the utmost perfect spot, facing the rear corner that the clowns have designated theirs for sleeping. Hopefully they will begin to host in the near future.

A few Mexican turbos made quick work of the obligatory diatom bloom and the rock work is sparkling! [emoji4]

The other day, I got a wild hair and decided to run through the gamut of LFS's in search of livestock. I came home with these gems...

Readheaded Fairy Wrasse: (Cirrhilabrus cyanopleura) someone please correct me if that's not right.

a1caea4a4ff8b3ff6e8e51d4c96d0126.jpg

One of my most favorited tangs, a Powder Brown (A. japonicus) [emoji7]. Also found the little bitty Lieutenant tang (A. tennenti)... He's a homage to my past 12+ years in the Army, and they are very stunning in their own right!

0169d5060e1d8a5043304af637020a0c.jpg

OP
OP
RandomReefer

RandomReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally, I added my first sticks to what will soon be an "Acro forest"...

This very nice peachy/green tipped Milli. Yikes, can't wait to see what the color does under my T5s!

d3ab0eb918f35b94862a9ff8a5c95a9f.jpg

And since it was Buy-2-Get-1, I snatched up these nice pieces. A lime-green Milli and a gorgeous blue Tenuis.

bbecbd20a1e5611131f1d98b29f2823b.jpg

I also brought my RRUSA "Crazy T Monti" and a Blastomussa upstairs from my frag tanks.

55a04e37584ab49b813969eef9787732.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice!

jlanger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great start, Randy!
Any plans on covering the tank with the new wrasse?
And are you foregoing with adding any sand?

And if you need any assistance growing out that montipora frag, I know of a tank that grows montipora like weeds! ;)

OP
OP
RandomReefer

RandomReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great start, Randy!
Any plans on covering the tank with the new wrasse?
And are you foregoing with adding any sand?

And if you need any assistance growing out that montipora frag, I know of a tank that grows montipora like weeds! ;)

Thanks, Jason!

I've never been one for any type of cover. Although it has bit me in the (|) before, (poor Lubbocks Fairy surfed carpet years ago), I'm still going to take my chances. I think with a heavy feeding regimen and consistent water parameters, they would be fools to not want to stay in the tank. [emoji23].

I'm still on the fence about sand, but the visible detritus and dirty glass surface floor is really starting to pinch my OCD nerve. I'm sure it will happen eventually. I had better get it done sooner than later, as to my disturb my inhabitants too much with a cloudy tank.

P.S. - The day that Monti grows out over the frag plug, I'm sure I'll have a request for some kind of tank stand or floating canopy. We can talk about a trade. [emoji12] Haha.

OP
OP
RandomReefer

RandomReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a quick update....

The sticks are holding good color and mad PE. The Blasto I put in seems happy and fat.

Oh, and I added one a ReefBrite Tech Blue LED strip. First impressions are very good, but I'm already thinking I'll need one for the back.

Pictures and a vid!

38bad77bd5176b9e8ec3611b45d0f7b2.jpg

BoB_25

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Random, you might have said it in this thread.....but can you tell me your main lighting system?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 76 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.2%
Back