A clown I never considered

  • Thread starter Thread starter tr3
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

tr3

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 21, 2017
Messages
60
Reaction score
35
Location
Dallas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For everyone trying to pick a type of clown. I would strongly recommend a clarkii clown. My wife found two pearl eye clarkii clown and wanted them so bad. After having several tanks and different types of clowns i thought why not. These clowns have more personality than any other clown, and after seeing them sleep im sold.

20171107_225048.jpg
 
For everyone trying to pick a type of clown. I would strongly recommend a clarkii clown. My wife found two pearl eye clarkii clown and wanted them so bad. After having several tanks and different types of clowns i thought why not. These clowns have more personality than any other clown, and after seeing them sleep im sold.

20171107_225048.jpg
20171107_225052.jpg
 
I like Clarkii clowns... hard to see them in the picture, but I'm looking at the pic on my phone!
 
I know. So hard to get a good pic as everyone here understands. I couldn't turn any lights or they would move. They actually sleep in a hole in a rock on top of each other.
 
I have a pair and have had them since they were babies, now they're a little over 2 years old. They rule the roost... heck I'm even afraid of the female as she bites pretty hard, but they have great personalities and as smart as can be. Enjoy your new Clarkii's!

You should consider getting them a nem... they'll be on it like stink on a bird dog!
 
I have a rose bubble that is out growing my 10 gallon i was considering but people keep telling me they like carpets better.
 
I had two Clarkii's in a 55 gallon aquarium years ago and they were fantastic. Not aggressive in the least. They lived in what was then called a radianthus anemone (now called magnificent or ritteri). Went right to it. First time I had ever experienced the thrill of watching clowns acclimate themselves to an anemone.

They tend to get about twice as big as an ocellaris though, so I note they may not be a great fit for nanos. I highly recommend them as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new