• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

A con from AquaCon.com?

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

2Sunny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you be the judge. I ordered Fruit Loop Zoos from Aquacon.com, and I am posting pictures of what they advertised as compared to what I got. They advertised Orange skirt with lime coloration surrounding a blue mouth. What I got was a lime skirt with orange surrounding a blue mouth, and I hesitate to admit the price I paid.

Would you be upset?

Joe

Fruit Loop AC.JPG
Fruit Loop Mine.jpg

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would contact them and tell them about it. If you paid a lot then yes I would be. It may be an honest mistake that they would fix.

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to see this, but aquacon is probably the worst and most dishonest vendor in the entire hobby. There are countless stories of awful service from them. Do a quick google search on them. Good luck...

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow.... I just googled them. Not good.

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to see this, but aquacon is probably the worst and most dishonest vendor in the entire hobby. There are countless stories of awful service from them. Do a quick google search on them. Good luck...
+1 wish people would search vendors more before buying.

spscrazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man I could say a bunch of stuff & none of it would be good I learned my lesson 4 years ago & it was expensive sorry this happened to you they might not be what you ordered but they are pretty

MBG75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pic of the ones you received are eagle eye/watermelon zoos

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
2Sunny

2Sunny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The plot thickens . . . I actually ordered 3 zoos in total and now they are all open and acclimated. The order included Fruit Loops, Eagle Eye, and Tubs Blues. Again I've posted the ads and what I have so you can be the judge. I did receive an email from Ron Ratoff:

Hi Joe – obviously we made a mistake. I am having the accounting department refund you for the wrong zoanthid shipped to you.
Sorry for the mistake, sounds like two orders most likely were switched.

Sincerely,
Ron Ratoff
Aquatic Connection Live

But, after careful consideration I've decided that I am angry. The trouble is I'm such an optimist at heart I always give people the benefit of the doubt, but in this case it appears to me this is blatant consumer fraud.

Joe

FruitLoopAC.jpg

AquaconEagleEyeAd.jpg

AquaconTubsAd.jpg

FakeEagleEye.jpg

FakeFruitLoop.jpg

FakeTubsBlueZoos.jpg

MBG75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like u got 2 orders of eagle eye, and a tubs blue.
They got 1 wrong.
2 out of 3 ain't bad......if your meatloaf.

OP
OP
2Sunny

2Sunny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, they got one right.

Looks like u got 2 orders of eagle eye, and a tubs blue.
They got 1 wrong.
2 out of 3 ain't bad......if your meatloaf.

I'm not sure which you guys think is right? The Eagle Eye is Lime fringe with pink center. Not lime fringe with orange center. The Tubbs are blue with a tiny oral disc, not brown with a large oral disc, and tubs blue have hints of green in the fringe. The zoos they sent are very common and typically are attributed to waters off the coast of Vietnam. There are piles of such zoos at Greenwich Aquaria. Nothing I got looks anything like what I ordered.

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the second picture of what you received is typically what is referred to as eagle eyes where I am from. Now the pic they have posted on their site is what I guess really eagle eyes look like....so essentially yes, you didn't get anything that you ordered.

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first pic if what you posted looks like whammin watermelons, the second looks like eagle eyes, the third looks like it might be a tubbs blue that are a little browned out. I'd say they got one maybe two wrong but you def got some eagle eyes.

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt those are Tubbs blues. At least it seems like they are willing to refund you. I would inform them of the "tubbs blues" too.

OP
OP
2Sunny

2Sunny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first pic if what you posted looks like whammin watermelons, the second looks like eagle eyes, the third looks like it might be a tubbs blue that are a little browned out. I'd say they got one maybe two wrong but you def got some eagle eyes.

You honestly feel these two polyps are the same:

FakeEagleEye.jpg
AquaconEagleEyeAd.jpg

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 42 43.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 35 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back