• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

A con from AquaCon.com?

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

nicks387

Premium member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the eagle eyes, whammin watermellons whatever there called are the same. Just different photo skills, camera settings, clean up, photoshop, whatever. But they are the same zoas. The other 2 are not, the ones they sold you as tubs blues are not tubs blues and the other ones are not even close, So you got 1 right and 2 wrong, but if they said it was an error and gave you a full refund then you really have nothing more to be upset about. It may have been an error, it can happen with zoas, if they were a bit closed up at ship time, and were mixed up with a lot of other zoos.

On a side note, I can't believe these guys are still around after all the negative stuff I have read about them.

tinctorus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the eagle eyes, whammin watermellons whatever there called are the same. Just different photo skills, camera settings, clean up, photoshop, whatever. But they are the same zoas. The other 2 are not, the ones they sold you as tubs blues are not tubs blues and the other ones are not even close, So you got 1 right and 2 wrong, but if they said it was an error and gave you a full refund then you really have nothing more to be upset about. It may have been an error, it can happen with zoas, if they were a bit closed up at ship time, and were mixed up with a lot of other zoos.

On a side note, I can't believe these guys are still around after all the negative stuff I have read about them.

I think alot of the reason for them still being around is local sales, I live about 15 minutes from them and you can actually pick up from the shop

I have seen nothing but bad reviews about them which is ashame because the old owner was a good guy but it seems like these new people are nothing more than scumbags as EVERY review I have seen of them is nothing but bad news of people getting ripped off with orders not complete or not at all what they were supposed to get

OP
OP
2Sunny

2Sunny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their pic is most likely enhanced.
Here is yours with a bit of cleanup.

O.K I guess we can agree to disagree,

. . . but I'm a highly skilled photographer with plenty of experience taking macro photos of corals and using photoshop and I have seen Eagle Eye Zoos with pink in the center and no matter how much I was to try I do not believe I could make the Eagle center of the polyps I got turn pink in color or look pink in color. Now I can not speak to the end user looking at these photos online because monitors vary a great deal in their color rendition. What I can say is that in real life, looking at these polyps in person there is no mistaking the bright orange center. There is zero, zip, nada pink. The Eagle Eyes I wanted, which are advertised on the site, which I have seen in other folks tanks, are pink in the middle so I really feel they are not the same at all. Orange is not the same as pink, and for premium prices I expect premium color.

Joe

My website with a ton of pictures I've taken . . . The Coral Gardener

The difference between pink and orange in my tank . . .

LookDownC.jpg

Last edited:

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eagle eyes have an orangish red ring around the center (occasionally with splashes if green) and green fingers. Your second pic, like a lot of other people in this thread and I have said, is definitely eagle eyes. You can argue all you want, but from my experience and IMO they are eagle eyes and I would not feel bad for selling them as eagle eyes.

mfdrookie516

Certified Redneck
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the issue isn't that they aren't eagle eyes, it's that they aren't what was represented in the photo when he purchased them. Not being very familiar with coral yet, I'd agree that they look like the eagle eyes I've seen via google... but they are very much differen't than the picture he posted of what the site had them listed as.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back